1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Bereaved but

Discussion in 'Emotional and Mental Health' started by Shecat, May 9, 2017.

1. Shecat

Shecat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I received a letter sent to me by Registered Delivery, upon opening it what I read was beyond my belief, this was a business letter written to me by my biological Sister, yes we share the same flesh and blood, this told me my Mother has died of Cancer then goes on to tell me she has left me something in her Will... Wait... My Sister lives 3 miles away from me and my Brothers not much further... It transpires my Mother died in a hospital around 30 minutes drive from my front door without my siblings bothering to tell me then they held my Mothers funeral without bothering to tell me.. There has been a family rift and I was estranged from my siblings around 10 Years ago but they have taken away my ability to say goodbye to my own Mother twice... I feel numb, cannot function and my blood sugars have gone into another level... I can't believe they have done this, my Mother would never have wanted this to happen, how could anyone be so hateful?!?!?!!!

• Hug Hug x 8
  2. Arab Horse

Arab Horse Type 2 · Well-Known Member

So sorry, that is awful. So sad when family rifts happen but somone has to pick up the phone! We too, as with all families, have had our differences but after a few days we always make up. Presumably your problem was much worse than our minor squabbles but I would urge you to try and heal the rift; it will take time but with the will from all sides it can eventually be done.

3. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

I'm so sorry - that sort of behaviour is just too petty for words.

Robbity

4. Enclave

Enclave Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

I am very sorry for your loss .. family rifts are just the worst thing. I know this as I also have a few !

5. Snapsy

Snapsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sending strength, @Shecat .
    xxx

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook