1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Best Apps?

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Emmotha, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Emmotha

Emmotha Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello

Just wondering what the best apps are for helping to manage diabetes?

Thanks

2. moz1

moz1 · Well-Known Member

Tried many over the years, only one I use is carbs & cals as a guide to carb content. The meter I use accuchek aviva expert works out insulin required as I have different ratios for diff times of day and also prevents insulin stacking so does everything really.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Bazzza

Bazzza Type 1 · Well-Known Member

glucose buddy is pretty good :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Never used one, but Carbs & Cal (as moz1 suggests) is meant to be very good.

• Like Like x 2
  5. gymbob

gymbob Type 1 · Member

Carbs and cals good for carb counting. If you know your ratios, there is one called Dafne online which does the same job as the aviva expert and calculated your doses for you...

• Like Like x 2
  6. andcol

andcol I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

What do you want to do emmotha. I have put together an program you can try and I can add features you would like. It is for a computer not a phone though. You can find a link to it in my signature. If it helps good if it is missing something add a post to the forum section

7. Ali H

Ali H Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I use myfitnesspal alongside endomondo to log food and exercise, MFP has a huge database and tots up carbs. I use onetouch on my phone to record meter readings.

Ali

8. gymbob

gymbob Type 1 · Member

How do you get MFP to report total carbs? It works out for individual foods for me but only to Urals calories, not carbs...

9. -Artemis-

-Artemis- Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Depending what you want it for, I *love* mysugr - it's really brill for spotting trends - plus has a cute side too - n every little helps with making managing the big D in my book :)

http://mysugr.com/companion/

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Like Like x 2
  10. lizzie29

lizzie29 Type 1 · Member

I also use 'mySugr' I only discovered it a few days ago but you can log your: results, exercise and boluses. You can look after your diabetes monster by logging more often. It shows you graphs of your results and gives you challenges. It was made by JDRF who, among other things, help to raise money for diabetic research. It sometimes lets you know about current fundraisers too! Love it so far!

Lizzie x:)

11. gymbob

gymbob Type 1 · Member

Doors mysugr store data in the cloud or on your device? I'd love an app I can use from tablet or phone and each would update itself...

12. raregerry

raregerry Type 2 · Member

Hi Gymbob
    I use this program does what you require and i use it to keep me motivated to keep improving my numbers.

www.sidiary.org

13. robert72

robert72 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have the Pro version of mysugr which is cloud based - not sure about the free one

14. lizzie29

lizzie29 Type 1 · Member

I use mine on my android phone but I'm pretty sure you use a login which you can use on multiple devices.:)

15. gymbob

gymbob Type 1 · Member

Free version works across platforms too. Testing it out, liking it so far, aiming to get trial version of pro from a challenge to see if I want to up upgrade, as it's quite expensive, but worth it if good...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kathryn_Southern

Kathryn_Southern Friend · Active Member

1. Glooko - This one is available for free on both Android as well as iPhone. It allows you to upload your glucose readings directly from your meter and create a record of your numbers. It also has a food database so that you can know more about the foods that you eat.

2. OnTrack Diabetes - It tells you your average glucose levels for the month. It reminds you at the appropriate times to take your medication and test your blood. It can also share your readings directly with the doctor's office.

17. Harrybrattbakk

Harrybrattbakk Type 1 · Member

I've started using this last few weeks after being diagnosed type 1, seems pretty good.

• Like Like x 3
  18. dtennant9

dtennant9 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I use the following apps:
    MyFitnessPal - great for scanning barcodes on products to get the details but it is sometimes wrong as I think there is an element of user input to the database.
    Carbs and Cals - good app. There is an initial cost to this one but it is much cheaper than the book and also benefits from updates whereas you would need to buy a new book. I think it cost £3.99 initially.
    MySugr - this is a good one for storing your readings and seeing patterns. Need to start using this again as I've got quite lazy of late with not putting them in.

19. Emmotha

Emmotha Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I got Mysugr a couple of days ago too and it is really good. Also doing to 7 day challenge to upgrade to pro

• Like Like x 3
  20. logindetails

logindetails Type 1 · Well-Known Member

What's the challenge?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook