Best Exercise/Injury

Talia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
How about swimming or aquarobics? both of which are low impact exercise for your knee and a good all-round exercise for the body.

Talia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
OOps sorry water is not for everybody. In my city (Coventry) there is an exercise class called motercise, especially for women and it involves toning tables and is supposed to be low impact. I have seen it advertised but have not used it. However if you are looking for low impact exercise it may suite.
Hope this helps.
Talia

cheshirecat

Hi, I started going to gymophobics about 4 weeks ago. I think it is a lot like motorcise. It is for women only, and we come in all shapes and sizes.Trying to lose my spare tyre, and people are already commenting that my shape is changing. You go for 3 sessions of 30 mins a week.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I also have a dodgy knee so a lot of my exercises are done sitting down.Do a lot of swinging hand weights about!Has the added advantage that you can watch TV at the same time!So far I have lost 5 inches off my waist.

Reactions: 2 people

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I'm aiming at changing from an apple to a pear!8)If I can get down to "overweight" instead of "obese" on the BMI index I'll be happy.

chloepo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I enjoy Pilates which is a form of exercise which tones your inner core wiyjout having to do physical jerks!! You work at your own level and pace, progressing slowly and safely. I love my weekly session and feel great when I finish and certainly as though I've done some work!!!!