1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Best meter?

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Olifa, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Olifa

Olifa Type 1 · Active Member

Thinking of switching meter as the test strips are really pricey and by law in only untitled to 4 boxes if test strips.

So as I'm making the change which meter is the most accurate? Or which one are most of you using?

2. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

a) What are you on and b), there is no law limiting the number of test strips you need as a type 1. Your surgery should provide as many as you need. @noblehead can provide the letter to give to your surgery!

• Like Like x 2
  3. pinewood

pinewood Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I like the Accu-Chek Mobile because you can just pick up/carry around a single item and not have to mess around with a separate lancet and boxes of test strips etc. Never had any problems with the accuracy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  5. marktype1

marktype1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Im currently using a contour next which i got for free from Diabetes UK. Its the best meter out there in my opinion. Its got a USB which allows you to connect it to the computer and it links to software which shows all of your readings and loads of cool graphs of your bloods over a certain time period. It also charges in the computer, battery lasts for weeks and it is a really slim looking meter. Couldnt give a negative bit of feedback about it at all

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook