my goals are 70-90 when I get up
and 140 maximum anytime

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A few things:
1.) What do your levels look like before you go to bed? What I'm getting at is whether it makes sense to consider if your basal is too low.
2.) Do your morning spikes required correction, or is it temporary? Many people, myself included, have issues with dawn phenomenon and/or some sort of blood sugar spike upon waking. Mine is bad enough that I have to give myself insulin even though I haven't eaten in 8+ hrs.
3.) What does your typical day of eating look like and are you carb counting? Many people (again myself included) find that a strict diet has phenomenal positive effects on our blood sugar regulation and insulin management.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
I don't know my bedtime levels because if I don't snack
before bed it's hard to sleep so I never know when to take this measurement.

I've considered correction when I get up but not sure of how much
to use because yes it won't go down then makes after breakfast harder to
control.

I count carbs as far as deciding how much insulin to use
with my ratio of 1 to 5
other than that so far limiting carbs has been difficult
for a lot of reasons.

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know my bedtime levels because if I don't snack
before bed it's hard to sleep so I never know when to take this measurement.

I've considered correction when I get up but not sure of how much
to use because yes it won't go down then makes after breakfast harder to
control.

I count carbs as far as deciding how much insulin to use
with my ratio of 1 to 5
other than that so far limiting carbs has been difficult
for a lot of reasons.
Unfortunately, something about that is going to have to change. I know that that isn't what you want to hear, but it's the truth.

-I also hate going to bed feeling hungry, but you can eat something that won't spike your blood sugar.
-When I first started correcting in the mornings, I started with .5 units and worked my way up until I felt comfortable with the result. Note: I have a Dexcom CGM which makes it significantly easier to track this morning spike. I would not advise guessing on insulin management.
-No one is saying that you need to limit your carbs, but many of us find that that's the easiest approach to achieving blood sugar levels we're happy with. There are plenty of diabetics with solid control who still eat normal levels of carbs.

I certainly think you can achieve the levels you're hoping for, but you have to understand that it's going to require some serious changes and effort on your part to accomplish that.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
it sounds like you're really resistant to insulin too.... your basal is 100 units daily? I'm on 13 units daily. Can you tolerate metformin at all? Docs use this with insulin sometimes if you have severe insulin resistance.

I agree with advice by @TorqPenderloin too... check your diet and when you eat.

Just a few more things I'm wondering...
1) Are you on medications that can impact your sugar levels such as steroids? Eg. I'm on baclofen which is an anti-spasmodic drug but known to increase BGLs. I noticed a marked difference when they pulled me off it and put me back on it. Again I noticed when I increased the dosage my sugar levels are higher than previously and I've not changed my diet.
2) Are you dealing with infections or ongoing pain? This can impact on your sugar levels
3) Any stressful event in your life, or ongoing stress? Again, this can impact.

I hope you're able to get better control. Firstly by checking if your basal is right, then also maybe adjusting your carb intake and/or bolus dosages.

I wish you the best. :)