Bg readings all over the place

jason134

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
The last couple of days my bg readings have been very erratic going from an 8.2 fasting this morning to 17.1 2hrs after having a slice of toast seeded bread after lunch tuna salad 6.5 tea was not to bad at 8.2 a slice of pizza and salad yesterday's reading all in double figures no bread a very low carb day makes no sense and a little worrying

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
17.1 sounds like having food or something on your hands when testing..

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What constitutes a low carb day for you as there may be hidden carbs in what you are consuming. Also as stated above are you washing your hands before testing, I make sure not to touch anything with the finger I'm about to pick on, not even my meter so I know that my reading is genuine.

Reactions: 2 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Toast and pizza, ya gotta be joking. Get that **** out of your diet, make a low carb plan of what you are going to eat and follow the results over a week. I am sure that you will notice that your figures will improve. Wishing you all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Hi, @jason134
" a very low carb", in my life would not include seeded Bread, Pizza, or any Dressings on Salads.
Relook at what you are eating, and test again,
All the best;)

Reactions: 5 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ciao,

Pizza is the "godfather" of carbs.. Long after its made an "offer you can't refuse". It will send the boys round & call in the "favour" with interest on your BG levels. Capiche? ;)

Reactions: 7 people

jason134

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
I always wash my hands before testing the slice of pizza was a one off treat I don't have dressings on my salad and the seeded toast is my weekend treat not a daily thing

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I always wash my hands before testing the slice of pizza was a one off treat I don't have dressings on my salad and the seeded toast is my weekend treat not a daily thing

So, you shouldn't really be surprised when levels raise...

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you normally follow a very low carb diet, then bombard yourself with carbs for a day, yes, your levels will rise erratically because your body isn't expecting those extra carbs and doesn't produce enough insulin to deal with them.

Reactions: 6 people