bgstar

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Just had option to get free bgstar meter and wondering if anyone uses one ,not the istar but plain old bg

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Personally Ive no idea what this meter is like but if its free it will normally come with some complimentary test strips so give it a go and see what you think.

There is a Bayer Contour XT give away here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/promotions/bayer-meters.html why not get both and see which you prefer. :thumbup:

macone23

Dislikes
Drug Side effects
The BG Star is a great little meter. Nice bright clear display & looks a lot like a mobile phone. Feels very robust to handle aswell not at all plasticy

Witz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used the BG Star for over 12 months and was more than happy with it. It's small and compact and looks just like a mobile phone. Quite classy looking and in a neat black nylon bag. I was pleased with it but my nurse said she had to change it because the strips were so expensive so I had to change to a Nexus. Far bulkier and cheaper looking. All comes down to money in the end I suppose.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App