big thanks to Medtronic

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After yesterday when the pump failed i talk to the Medtronic help line. about 5 pm bank holiday monday and they said there be in touch in the morning and at 9 oclock they arranged for a new pump to be sent within 6 hours.
The delivery driver called me when he was 1 hour away . We opened the parcel and check it was all there. Offer to take the old pump back.
But Medtronic was sending a return packet so i could get my old setting off the old pump :)

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
After yesterday when the pump failed i talk to the Medtronic help line. about 5 pm bank holiday monday and they said there be in touch in the morning and at 9 oclock they arranged for a new pump to be sent within 6 hours.
The delivery driver called me when he was 1 hour away . We opened the parcel and check it was all there. Offer to take the old pump back.
But Medtronic was sending a return packet so i could get my old setting off the old pump :)
As I understand it your pump did not fail, you had a faulty cannula, which is nothing to do with the pump at all. Medtronic were just being over cautious by replacing the pump due to it being a new system.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I thought the same as carbsrok.
Did you swop back to injections whilst waiting for the new pump to arrive?
Good that you got a new one and good customer service.
What did medtronic diagnose as the problem to replace it?

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As I understand it your pump did not fail, you had a faulty cannula, which is nothing to do with the pump at all. Medtronic were just being over cautious by replacing the pump due to it being a new system.
I charged the cannula sets 3 times once when on the phone to medtronic helpline they all start to fill but fails at 4 units and don't make it to the end of the cannula
this is easy to check by putting he plunger that you use to fill the reservoir and if you can push insulin out of it there is nothing wrong with the set.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yes, but doesn't that come under a set problem rather than a pump problem?

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I thought the same as carbsrok.
Did you swop back to injections whilst waiting for the new pump to arrive?
Good that you got a new one and good customer service.
What did medtronic diagnose as the problem to replace it?
i went back on injections as soon i new something was wrong just for carb counting but i didn't need to get to the basal stage.
but i would just work on 4 hour basal + the carbs for food. for a day or so.just to tick over..
medtronic just go through there manual of fixes. but this means charging everything again over he phone...