Biodisc - Diabetes and Amputation

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
I have deleted the original posting from this thread as it was very obviously spam.

Dennis

DiabeticGeek

A first-time poster put up an obviously fake story on how one of these things saved their gangrenous leg, linking to a site where you can get one of your very own. A Biodisc is a magic sheet of glass that cures everything from cancer to altzheimers and - I kid you not - bad driving! It also cures gangrene and makes your garden grow better.

I couldn't resist looking at their site - I am afraid that I find this sort of thing quite amusing - the absurdity of the claims are surreal (and it is quite a high budget site - complete with videos of "press conferences", and technobabble that makes a Star Trek episode look like a physics lecture by comparison). They are probably after the advertising revenue from the click-through rather than selling many of these things. So, it is better not to give such people publicity - and you never know there might be people in the world who are gullible, or desperate, enough to part with money for such hokum.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
OK..more smoke and mirrors then!!These people are like piranhas feeding on the hopes and fears of frightened and confused people clutching at straws. :evil:

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Sue,
I asked this one to remove her advertising and she hasn't. So I have barred her.

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
BioDisc is a registered trademark of Klargester Environmental, who make septic tanks.

I know which one I'd rather spend my money on. :D