Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Hi,

I've had some trouble with my Low carbing lately. I'm back on track now but fancy getting back into some baking. I've slipped into habits. Generally I make low carb Rocky Road, Almost Bounty Bars or peanut butter Brownies. I think I should get back in the kitchen now that I have a little more time.

So I'm after any tried and tested Biscuit/Cookie recipes. Photos would be a bonus. I've tried so many different things over time but had several disasters, which is probably why when I find something that works I stick to that. It gets too costly otherwise.

Reactions: 2 people

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Lenny3 - I've got only 1 to hand - I've made these twice & they are lush.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1425496450.916585.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
i do the peanut butter cookies most weeks then store them for nibbles during the week .
butter
peanut butter
coconut flour
sweetner
it comes togeather firm i roll into balls and flaten bake until golden then cool they go crumbly but are good i added lemon zest or whatever im fancying at the time xx
and i recommend elwinas site to

Reactions: 6 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Thank you for your suggestions. I will try some of these. I've been lacking a bit of crunch.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, cold feet, being the odd one out at outings ("can you make sure that's a diet coke").
Now that's more like it. Decided to bake at the weekend, and it wasn't a success. Now will try with recipes I've seen from the afore mentioned site.