Bit of an update and a question on Medtronic silhouettes

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Had my hba1c today, 4 months after going on the pump. Down to 7.6 from 8.9 so I'm delighted that it's going the right way. I know there's room for improvement but for me the stability and flexibility the pump has given me to deal with the dawn phenomenon and low' BSs in the night has been marvellous. It has also fixed the sudden snd large drops in BSs i used to get.
I'll have to say its hard work a times and, as I say, ive still to improve on my results by adjusting basals again but it's worth it.

A question on silhouettes - I have had no problems with these but tonight there's a bit more of the cannula showing outside the insertion point in my stomach. Most of the time you hardly see any of the tubing whatsoever. Does this happen to other people?

From a happy pumper :angel:

Cheryl

Can't say that I've ever noticed more or less cannula showing. I am a Silhouette advocate, used them for 2 1/2 years (or Tenderlinks the Accu Chek equivalent) and never had a set failure. Used a quickest twice & had a failure! Just keep an eye on your BGs, if they seem unusually high, change it. The thing with Silhouettes is that they're often going to sit at slightly different depths beneath your skin as you decide at how steep an angle to insert them & it'll never be quite the same from one time to another. Also, if you have any pain when you bolus, change it then too, that may be a symptom of too shallow (or too deep) insertion. Well done on getting your hba1c down, mine dropped from 8.5 to 7 in three months too, it's satisfying isn't it, especially with all the hard work that it tales to get used to it.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Thanks cheryl - that makes sense about the insertion depth / angle and of course what you use to inset i suppose if anything.

Thanks for words of encourgagement also :0))