1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

blemishes on my legs

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by foxyccc, May 21, 2013.

1. foxyccc

foxyccc · Member

I have been type 2 for nearly three years and in that time I have noticed that I have some blemishes on my legs that are not going away, they are not ulcers. I have three marks on my legs that I believe that possiblly started off as insect bites, and whereas normally you get an angry area around the bite, this has remained under the skin. It appears red under the skin. If I press the area the redness goes away,

I noticed that I had a large area on my inner thigh about 4" round that hasnt gone away and again if you press it the redness goes away, it is almost if there is blood underneath. I have shown these to the diabetic nurse and the doctor and they say it is to do with the diabetes. What are these marks and how do I get rid of them. They do not hurt, they are marks just under the skin there is nothing on top of the skin. They are quite unsightly and people comment on them if they see them.

Any advice on this?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook