Blister

Emma_P23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't know if this sounds like a stupid question or an overreaction so bare with me.
I have had 2 blisters randomly appear on my little toe which are incredibly painful. I don't know whether to be alarmed or it's just normal. Don't want to feel like I'm overreacting but anything with my feet worries me a lot.
What I'm asking is if anyone can suggest if I should make an appointment at my doctors or just forget about it?
Or should I just get over it? Lol. Sorry if this sounds daft.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Can't see the harm in letting your Dr have a look at them if they are causing you pain, we do have to be careful with our feet so your right to be concerned, just make sure your footwear fits comfortably and isn't causing the blisters.

Reactions: 2 people

Emma_P23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you. Just feel like a bit of a worrier lol. I think it's my job and standing for long periods of
Time that is causing problems with my feet. I wear wide fit shoes to make sure they don't rub but I've still had these blisters appear.
Think I'll just be on the safe side and make an appointment at the doctors.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Emma, I would defo make an appt with doc.

yeah maybe you are worrying over nothing but I'd rather a doctor tell me I'm fine than just tell myself I was and push it to the back of my mind.

there may be a simple solution to get rid of them but I wouldn't ignore something with my feet especially if it was causing me some pain.

Good luck Hun

Abbie xx

toby64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all just a thought for all of you that may end up reading this recently i developed a blister on my left big toe, the next day it had blood in it, the confusing part is that i have been wearing the same shoes for a long while without any problems, but 4 days later i ended up in hospital with a STAPHE infection. The doctors had said that it had come from the blood blister the blister was only small about 4mm across, the infection was so bad that they operated to cut the blister out and drain the toe, all this happened within 5 days of the original blister, of which i thought nothing of until i was having trouble walking properly, so telling you this and 9 weeks later still with issues PLEASE make sure you see your doctor as soon as blisters appear.
Kind regards to you all and do take care of your feet.
Toby.

Jaz253

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Government politic management anywhere, extreme religion approach, uninformed doctors
Hi! I have dried skin below my knees and almost almost numb feet. But that because I spent years taking for granted the effects of high BS. How are ur controls? If u're on the average 3-5s there is no infection yet. For example if I get a blister after using brand new shoes (I know should have gotten the softer ones) I put big amounts of micropore on it with dermic antibiotic cream. But if in 5 days it doesn't improve, you ought to see ur endo. It is always good that u ask! Best of luck...

Tinkle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad manners
Spicy food
Doctor ASAP don't delay! I've had blisters turn to ulcers and just take forever to heal. Both when sugars have been in control and not in control. Regardless just go to the doctor they'll take it seriously x

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi Emma .
Not daft at all - best see your GP
Blisters of any size on your feet are a risk
with diabetes .
Your toots (feet) carry you around .
Best to get them checked out and your GP can advise .

Ilya83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How can you forget If it's painful ? :confused: Go to your doctor and ask WTH going on with my little toe???!!! :nailbiting::bigtears::banghead:

Hope I was helpful ;)