1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Blood glucose high

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by james555, Apr 10, 2021.

1. james555

james555 · Member

I always hove a high blood glucose for about 8 hours after changing my reservoir i use guarding 3 advanced with my 640g medtronic pump just wondering has anyone got any solution to this problem

2. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hi James - are you sure you are priming all the air out of the reservoir? How are your sites and are they lump free ?

3. james555

james555 · Member

Yes I always make sure of that I have been using a pump for 8 year now I no about the things you are talking about but its not that its only about the last few months I have this problem

4. In Response

In Response Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If this is a recent problem, I would be changing my sites as the current ones may have become lumpy. Even if you can’t feel anything, there could be something which is causing problems.
    There’s many different site options you can try.

5. james555

james555 · Member

Thanks for your reply cant feel any lumps but I may try something any one have a better set up then mini med mid advance that I might try

6. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hi @james555 F I was in your shoes I’d try a different infusion set just to rule this out - see if your nurse has got some sure t’s which are steel tip sets, I found there to be occlusion issues with Teflon sets as well as kinking but never had an issue with sure t’s.

7. james555

james555 · Member

Hi juicyj thanks for your reply I will get on to my nurse and try them just wondering can you leave them in your body for 3 day and are the comfortably thanks again

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook