blood glucose machine reading Hi or H1

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been put on novomix 30 2weeks ago my sugars have been high cos my dose is not the right obe yet i done 43 about 2hours ago and its reading hi what should i do ketons say lo

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. To help we would need to know what sort of diet you are on e.g. the amount of carbs and also whether you are overweight and hence have some insulin resistance. A 'Hi' reading is quite worrying and I would certainly look at reducing your carb intake, having plenty of water and possibly buying some Ketostix. Obviously you need to watch you don't go too low and hence hypo. If you just can't get things right with the Novomix you might want to discuss having separate long-acting and rapid-acting insulins with the GP. It can mean more injections etc but the plus side is the potential for better control.

Gizmo123

If your bg is reading as Hi then u definitely need more insulin as its above the level your meter can read. Depending what meter it could be 30-35. Call your diabetic team for advice re insulin amounts as its definitely not right. U might find having separate quick and long acting insulins may be better than a mix. That way u can increase the quick acting without getting more long acting too.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was on 40 in the morning and 36 at tea time but then was no help so calles diabetic nurse and i am now of 48 in morning and now 40 at night but done a little extra a few hours ago i havr a machinr that checks my glucosr levels and they read lo so means no keyons but i am dtarting to feel sick so thirsty have to pee every 5mind and just yukk its to late now to cally diabetic nurse so thinking hould i go to the a&e at hospital but dont know if i should as their is no ketons but my sugars are still HI

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Insulin does not act in your body inmediately it is injected.

Do not drink anything but water for a couple of hours.. No tea or coffee with milk.. Just water.

Give it at least 2 hours.

Do not eat anything at all at the moment.

When did you last eat?

Please wash your hands and do another check 2hours after you last ate...

Let us know results...

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just been sick feel awful just going to hospital just now i havent eat in about 3hours and done my inculuen about 2hpurs ago and still reads hi

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Good luck.. I hope they take good care of you....

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I feel like signing my self out almost 4hours no inculen or fluids and keep qskibg to go pee and for a drink cos i am so dehydrated and npt had one terrible x

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bloods sugars went upto 41.1 cos thwy gave me no inculien for 6hours then they said cos i had no ketons i was not to have no insulin but me sugars were at 41 its terrible but im 16 tgus morning so waiting to see doc so i can go home

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Have you got a appt to see a consultant? 41 is horrendous but 16 is still too high on a long term basis..

What advice gave you been given?

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am to call my diabetic nurse on monday i know its the highest it has ever been was to high to show up on the bloog glucose machine but camw up on the blood test i got. I am really annoyed with the doc letting it get that high and telling me i do not need inculin i had to fight to get it x