Blood glucose reading query - T2

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
I have just got my results back for my 6 monthly blood glucose reading - as normal at 55 I put this into the converter and it reads 3.05 - is that conversion reading right - surely that's a non diabetic reading?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
55 is 7.2. So not really normal.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Yes Dawn is correct 55 = 7.2% .

I suspect you have entered your number in the wrong converter, the one you want is the converter from DCCT to IFCC or Vice-versa.

The old, percentage way of reporting HbA1c values is known as the DCCT (Diabetes Control and Complications Trial) units.

The new mmols/mol values are known as the IFCC (International Federation of Clinical Chemistry) units.

The correct converter can be found on this site here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-units-converter.html I have it bookmarked for easy access as the new numbers are still pretty meaningless to a luddite like me. :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
HpprKM
non diabetic umbers are probably below 30.
Although there's no actual agreement on that.
Hana

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
I thought it was wrong - no such luck :-( 7.2 sounds more like it - thanks for advice.

HpprKM

Dislikes
Syd - thanks for useful link [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]