1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Blood Glucose readings

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Artisticforge, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Artisticforge

Artisticforge Type 1 · BANNED

page intentional left blank

#1 Artisticforge, Sep 22, 2015 at 10:55 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015
  2. ButtterflyLady

ButtterflyLady Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The readings are clearly too high but maybe the reason they are not worried is that you are soon to start insulin so the readings will come down anyway.

BTW no one has flamed you, they just responded to having seen multiple posts where you rejected our kind offers of support and suggestions and told us how negative you feel about everything, as if that's going to be of any help to you. If you feel offended by that, it doesn't mean people are flaming you.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mrspuddleduck

mrspuddleduck · Guest

Hi @Artisticforge, please bear with me, can I ask a couple of things? When are you testing your blood sugars? The timings on your list seem abit random, to get an accurate picture it should really be before meals and two hours after. Also I didn't see the very first posts that you deleted, but browsing your others you sound like you don't feel well, and I would guess that with blood sugar levels that high you are having some pretty awful symptoms, so why tell the docs you are feeling fine? (Not a judgement laden question, just thought you may have a reason).
    I know its no consolation but when I was first diagnosed (type 3c) my blood were always in the 20 - 30's. Now 8 months on, I'm down to the teens. Believe me months of high blood sugars make you feel c**p! But hopefully in your case, your blood sugars will come down faster, mines taking ages because my diabetes is brittle. The insulin will make a huge difference although it may take a while to get your balance right, and it will be effected by which diet you choose to follow. I didn't realise how bad I felt til I started feeling better! Hang on in there, and whilst I'm no expert I can empathise. Sue x

• Like Like x 2
    #3 mrspuddleduck, Sep 23, 2015 at 1:07 AM
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  4. Gaz-M

Gaz-M Type 1 · Well-Known Member

keep going like that you will be dead in a few year

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gaz-M

diabetes is like that, it aint an "easy" illness to control but you need some sort of control if you kno what I mean ?

6. mrspuddleduck

mrspuddleduck · Guest

Hi again @Artisticforge, you need to test first thing in the morning, then just before meals and two hours after. This might change once you are on insulin depending on the type of insulin's you are initially given. For now however, you need to see the pattern of your blood sugars, and the 2 hours after meals will show you what food spike your bloods.

7. Gaz-M

your from across the water I take it ?

8. mrspuddleduck

mrspuddleduck · Guest

Once you've got to know what the sugars are doing to your body, then it begins to get easier to start controlling it. Sorry that I'm over simplifying it but I found I needed it simplified when I first started!

9. mrspuddleduck

mrspuddleduck · Guest

@Artisticforge, looking at your post, I suspect that you do have symptoms of diabetes but because of your other health stuff it's all sort of confused and rolled into one. For example, from what youve said I'm guessing you already have the pains in your legs but the uncontrolled diabetes can cause neuropathy and make the pains worse. High blood sugars can cause fatigue, depression and mood swings, it can effect your eye sight and sleep patterns. In other words if you don't control it life gets even more c***. For me that was my motivation to deal with it, well that and the fact I couldn't make my dog an orphan!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Baruney

Baruney Type 2 · BANNED

Hola @Artisticforge ?

I too love animals.

I went to my local zoo the other day but it only had a dog there.

It was a shitzu.

R u fur reel?

• Like Like x 3
    #10 Baruney, Sep 24, 2015 at 1:40 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
  11. ButtterflyLady

ButtterflyLady Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sorry but I can't remember what your BGs are normally like but if they are routinely at this level then I suggest you reduce carbs or see your doctor about medications, to prevent complications. Good luck for tomorrow and your surgery.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook