Blood glucose rising around 10pm, then again around 1am. Help?

Vrmg36

I was diagnosed March 2019 with type 1.

I use CGM (freestyle libre).
Novorapid - 1:15
Tresiba - 12units (each morning).

I was admited to hospital with DKA. First hba1c after diagnosis was 43, most recent 40.

For the past 3 weeks my blood glucose has risen during the night (cgm) and I do not understand why. I adjusted my basal, which worked initally, however the problem has returned.

Rising from around 6 at bedtime, to 16.7 (highest level) before dropping to around 7 a few jours later.

Any ideas or advice??

I'm 36, female, non-smoker, 5'8 and just over 9 stone. Don't regularly drink alcohol - if this is relevant to anything.

I will contact my diabetic team after the Christmas break.

Thank you!!

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
It's good that you will contact your diabetes team after the break. Higher fat content in your meals will delay your sugar rise. I would try eating dinner at 5 pm in the first instance and see what your overnight blood sugars are. Next, try a carb-free dinner to check your basal. Lastly, look at your before dinner and four hours after dinner results over a number of nights to see if they're level and change your carb ratio accordingly.

Vrmg36

It's good that you will contact your diabetes team after the break. Higher fat content in your meals will delay your sugar rise. I would try eating dinner at 5 pm in the first instance and see what your overnight blood sugars are. Next, try a carb-free dinner to check your basal. Lastly, look at your before dinner and four hours after dinner results over a number of nights to see if they're level and change your carb ratio accordingly.

Thank you for this advice!! I have been eating fattier meals than normal, this could definitely be a good place to start.

Thanks!!