Blood glucose stabilising at 4.4 after 2.5 hours after a meal...

charlie000

Hi all

On a proper LCHF meal my blood glucose stabilise around 4.4 - 5. I stop eating at around 6.30pm - 7pm at night.

I fall asleep at around midnight.

I’m constantly worried that I could become hypoglycaemic... I’m not on any meds and I’m going through glucose test strips FAST.

Any advice? I’m pre diabetic and have about 25kg of weight to lose I’m obese.

Thank you

Reactions: Freema

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It is highly unlikely that you would become hypoglycaemic, your liver would dump glucose before that happened. This happens even if we do not eat for many, many hours.

Reactions: Shas3 and Freema

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I’m constantly worried that I could become hypoglycaemic... I’m not on any meds and I’m going through glucose test strips FAST.

If your liver is still working then it'll stop you from getting any hypos, you may get false ones if you do dip a toe into the 3's but it'll always get put back up with glycogenolysis. So don't worry, you're doing the right thing here and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Reactions: Shas3 and Freema

charlie000

If your liver is still working then it'll stop you from getting any hypos, you may get false ones if you do dip a toe into the 3's but it'll always get put back up with glycogenolysis. So don't worry, you're doing the right thing here and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Thank you so much

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@charlie000 - As the others have said, in the absence of strong meds, or any other medical condition, we are unlikely to suffer from any form of medically concerning low blood glucose.

You may find, in time, your blood glucose scores drop a bit further and you see numbers beginning with a 3. For those taking insulin, and strong meds, that can be a concern and require action, but for those not on meds, it's not an issue, provided you feel OK.

Our body is an amazing thing, in terms of keeping us safe.

M

Member496333

I can only add more reassurances. Based on the information you’ve given us, you are at extremely low risk of hypoglycaemia. With the aid of the mesmerisingly brilliant endocrine system, your liver will meter the secretion of glucose in order to keep your blood concentration in a very narrow range.

4-5mmol/L is entirely normal and indicates ideal glucose homeostasis and good insulin sensitivity. In the absence of oral hypoglycaemic medicines you have no cause for concern with those numbers. In fact you should be very happy :smug:

Reactions: Shas3 and Prem51

charlie000

@charlie000 - As the others have said, in the absence of strong meds, or any other medical condition, we are unlikely to suffer from any form of medically concerning low blood glucose.

You may find, in time, your blood glucose scores drop a bit further and you see numbers beginning with a 3. For those taking insulin, and strong meds, that can be a concern and require action, but for those not on meds, it's not an issue, provided you feel OK.

Our body is an amazing thing, in terms of keeping us safe.

I get worried when I check before bed and see it at 4.4. I start to think it’ll go down to 3 and I will got in to hyperglycaemic numbers

I just woke up with a fasting glucose of 5.1!

Reactions: Shas3 and Prem51

charlie000

I can only add more reassurances. Based on the information you’ve given us, you are at extremely low risk of hypoglycaemia. With the aid of the mesmerisingly brilliant endocrine system, your liver will meter the secretion of glucose in order to keep your blood concentration in a very narrow range.

4-5mmol/L is entirely normal and indicates ideal glucose homeostasis and good insulin sensitivity. In the absence of oral hypoglycaemic medicines you have no cause for concern with those numbers. In fact you should be very happy :smug:

This is what I’m getting on LCHF. My A1C In hospital In Feb was 105. I immediately stopped toxic sugar I’ve not had chocolate since 1 Match. Except for last week I had a 3 Malteser balls after my meal. I couldn’t resist but behold my blood sugar returned to normal. I guess it’s part of the metabolism of eating other foods together