blood pressure medication

alison2345

I have been put on BP medication in February 2013. I am on Ramipril 10 mg and Amlodipine 10 mg. The problem I have now is the 3rd one he has put me on. Frusemide 20 mg, it makes me feel so dizzy and really weak. I can only take it for 3 days. It was the same with Indapamide dizzy spells the room spinning when I took that GRRRRR. Does anyone else have problems with these types of medications?

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I'm no cardiologist, but as with all diuretic (pee a lot) drugs, postural hypotension can sometimes be an unwanted effect because of the lower blood volume.

If I was you I would get straight back to the prescriber and ask to be reassessed on the meds. Diuretics do not suit everyone and you (from your words) appear to be one of them.

Reactions: 2 people

alison2345

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am going to have to do something because I can't live like this. It's a good job they have a lot of medication out there for high BP.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blood pressure management is a step by step approach, starting with a low dosage of one pill, measuring BP after a time, adding a new pill or upping the dosage of the first and so on. I started with frusemide and ramipril was the last to be prescribed. I was always told to call if I felt unwell before my next scheduled appointment. It is a bit of a suck it and see approach. Even the consultant admitted it when he told me that the ramipril was probably the drug doing me most good. Don't be afraid to tell them that the current regime isn't working for you. They already know that they might have to switch or alter dosage or whatever. They need your feedback.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I was first put on ramipril and refused that due to side effects

I was then on

Candesartan 32mg
Amlodipine 10 mg
Indapamide 1.5mg
Doxisozan (think that the spelling)

All of them had side effects, and the more i took the worse i felt, in the end i refused all of them...

Went to see the doctor and he says there is nothing else to offer so take them, or dont!... So i said no thanks..

Had my bp done last week for my annual review and it was 173/89