Blood pressure meter

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I have used an Omron MX-3 monitor for several years. Accurate as it is the one that a lot of GP's use and an easy to use upper arm monitor. My readings from this machine are accepted by my GP/Nurse due to 'white coat syndrome.' I would definitely recommend it and in fact most of Omron's products.

Here is a link to their website with the latest version the Omron MX-3 Plus. Same features just more up to date. Not cheap but worth it if you want accuracy. Buy the best upper arm monitor you can afford.

http://www.omron-healthcare.com/sitepre ... SiteID=228

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I have the small "wrist " Omron, which my GP says is very inaccurate. I don't think it's as bad as he says.Certainly if I feel "wobbly", my readings are low.

broads

Thank you both for your replies. I did write a longish message, in reply to yours, clicked on submit and it disappeared from the planet. Basically I had my blood pressure done this morning at an event at the local library designed for retired people. The Police were there, WI, local council etc. It was worth going to. Really interesting event. The local Walk in centre sent two ladies to do blood pressure and blood sugars. Anyway my blood pressure was too high. I knew it would be as I also have white coat syndrome. It is becoming quite a problem. One of the nurses recommended I get a home meter where I can monitor my levels. She suggested I write them down for about three weeks, twice a week and if still high go and see the doctor together with my readings.
My friend who came with me is not diabetic but had a sugar reading of 10.2, so she is going to go to the docs also and have a proper test done. I do hope she hasn't got diabetes as she has other medical problems and really doesn't need any more.

Thanks for listening.

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Broads,
I have the Omron MX2 basic, I too suffer from WCS and have to take my BP results to the surgery when I have my review. The MX2 is vaildated by the British Hypertension Society and my Doc approves it's use, it does not have a memory function or PC connectivity but they do provide a booklet to record the results, this may be a cheaper option for you I bought mine on special offer for £10, had a quick google and you can get them for under £14.

For more options check the link I think the prices quoted are RRP and can be found for much less.

http://www.davidgregory.org/blood_press ... s_list.htm

Graham

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya,
ive got lloyds chemist own make and it seems to be accurate :D