Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

scottie1

Hello

My blood sugar has been in the high 20's and 30's for approx. one week.

I don't know what is causing it, have not been eating or drinking anything I shouldn't.

My eyesight is very bad at the moment, I feel like the my head is spinning. My left foot is feeling numb and I feel really poorly.

I spoke to my GP at the end of last week and he suggested insuin but did not take it any further and said I needed a blood test so I had one yesterday.
The nurse said she would mark it as urgent and it would be back today, it hasn't come back and the surgery does not seem concerned at all.

Please could anybody advise.

Thank you.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
At levels that high I would say a hospital visit would be in order as your at risk of getting ketones............

your symptoms don't sound pleasant.........:(

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you feel that unwell and your levels are that high, go to A and E and explain that you aren't getting any support from surgery and need urgent help. Numbers like that are dangerous.

Reactions: 2 people

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree, if your GP is not helping, you need to take it further and hospital is an option.

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Scottie1 hi, sorry to hear your unwell, are you t1 or t2? How long since you saw your doc' ?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
getting to the hospital will help you feel a lot better...........

there's no immediate danger, so don't worry.........the quicker you get there, the quicker you will feel better and hopefully, this will then get you the support you need......

scottie1

I am type 2.

Last saw my GP over a week ago as felt dizzy etc and he didn't mention anything about my blood.
It was only when I noticed that my eyesight was affected that I started testing my own blood, it's normally well controlled.
I called the GP and the GP called me back and mentioned insulin but said he would wait and see what my blood test results showed.
I had the blood tests yesterday and the nurse said I should have the results today as it was urgent. The results are not back yet and I am, again, waiting for the GP to ring back (since 1pm).

I passed out last night with only my children here (my husband works nights) so am worried about tonight. I feel like there is no ground beneath me.

Thank you all so much for replying.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Get yourself to hospital or UCC. Your health is more important than your fear of hospitals.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If things have got that bad and you are alone with your children then get yourself to a and e now. don't put yourself or your children at risk.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi scottie1 , please , for your sake and your families, go to hospital now, the time for waiting is over,

scottie1

I can't go to hospital, my husband insists on going to work tonight and I have nobody to mind the children.