blood sugar level

Grazer

Hi Recluse. As Jeannesmum said, we can't tell you. It depends on when it was taken, after what food and how long after, etc. Even then, you can't really tell from tests you do yourself. If you have concerns, your doctor can do a quick and easy test to check.

JANMALIK

Dear Recluse - I do not believe that you are pre-diabetic or T2 since your reading is 108 mmdl/l (6 mmol/l). Test your FBS after a week if the same readings come then it is sure you are non-diabetic.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
JANMALIK said:
Dear Recluse - I do not believe that you are pre-diabetic or T2 since your reading is 108 mmdl/l (6 mmol/l). Test your FBS after a week if the same readings come then it is sure you are non-diabetic.

Hello Jan

Absolutely no disrespect intended but to try and self diagnose diabetes is not a smart move, Recluse really needs to go to the doctor for proper testing.

We cannot say someone is diabetic as we are not trained to do so, the poster may have medical conditions or be on medications that could affect their bg.

Always better to go to docs. :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
A bg of 6 isn't high. When, in relation to eating, did you find this reading?
Hana

Recluse52

Thanks for the replies people. When i have been to see my doctor recently and had a fasting blood test it came out at 6. The year before it was 6.2. I have been told by my doctor to keep my blood sugar down by diet and exercise. I was wondering whether i am pre-diabetic or in fact type 2. The first doctor said i was pre-diabtic & the second says i'm type 2. Who is right?

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The criterion for pre-diabetes is a fasting blood glucose level of 6.1 to 6.9 So you appear to be on the boundary. Since there is some confusion, I would get them to do another test, the OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test).
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/pre-diabetes-tests.html
Lowering your carbohydrate would be a good idea either way, since your numbers are on the high side, and you have a chance to arrest progression to something worse.

Grazer

Sounds a bit like pre-prediabetic! I agree with the others above though; have another test (OGTT) to make sure, and meanwhile adjust your diet a little anyway.