Blood sugar levels out of control....should I care...

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
.....or just leave him to get on with it.....tonight's reading 20.9.....this morning 14.9....
...is hard to ignore when readings are in the mid teens to low 20s but trying my best to just leave him to get on with it.....just concerned about the consequences and damage it must be doing :(....has been a challenging few days turning a blind eye to some food choices but if he has chosen to buy and eat them then nothing I can do about it.....I did donate a box of chocolates I was given to another family member just to get it out of the house so feel I have done what I can....

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Forgive me but you ask the same question over and over again @Molly56 ... I understand you care (bless you for it) but what the heck have we all said (most of us at least) prior to this have you not understood and how this is draining him, you and people who've reached out to help

If it's his wish to slowly leave this life (and knowing full well you cannot control his behaviour) then let him do it. Brutal but it's a fact.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
.....or just leave him to get on with it.....tonight's reading 20.9.....this morning 14.9....
...is hard to ignore when readings are in the mid teens to low 20s but trying my best to just leave him to get on with it.....just concerned about the consequences and damage it must be doing :(....has been a challenging few days turning a blind eye to some food choices but if he has chosen to buy and eat them then nothing I can do about it.....I did donate a box of chocolates I was given to another family member just to get it out of the house so feel I have done what I can....

Hi Molly, I can't sleep, so I thought I would go on the computer for a little while.
To answer your question, Molly, in a nutshell NO. Either be his carer and let him get on with him ruining his life, or tell him to go, leave him( I know it's your house) and he could live with his son or someone else. You seem to lead separate lives anyway, (only from I can gather from the threads and posts) forgive me if I am wrong. Enough is enough, time to throw in the towel Molly ? as sometimes it's not the other person we need to change, but it's ourselves and how we deal with things.
It will be 2016 very soon, so maybe a new and a brighter, happier life awaits you........................

RRB

Reactions: 6 people