Blood sugar rise with long-haul travel

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone else experienced a big rise in BS readings following long-distance overseas travel? A year ago during, and for several weeks following, a holiday in the USA and returning to the UK my BS was noticeably raised. Following recent travel to the Far East my BS has again risen into the teens from below 10 2 hours after a meal despite reducing my carbs still further. I've read articles from a couple of years back that suggest body-clock disturbance can cause the liver to become confused about glycogen output? Anyone any knowledge in this area?

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
Mine went so high on a flight between Sydney and Hong Kong that I had a stroke. I had no idea at all that I was diabetic.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had the opposite, after a 10 day holiday in the US (with lots of walking and not much to eat) my BS was the best it has ever been for about a week after I came back.