1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Blood sugars and gut feelings!

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Riri, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Riri

Riri Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi - this happens to me infrequently, about 3 times a year, but I thought it worth sharing to see if this happens to anyone else. Was 4.2 before supper last night so I delayed bolus (I like to be above 5 before blousing). Had 45g carbs and measured bloods 30 mins after eating and still just 5.2 so I waited. I Did nothing for another hour as something inside me told me not to bolus. Sure enough, my BSs stayed below 6.5 for the rest of the evening. I find it strange a) why after supper last night my BSs didn't rise with food and b) somehow my instinct told me not to give insulin. Very strange - hate to think of the hypo had I have bolused as normal. It's probably just me that's strange!!!

2. DunePlodder

DunePlodder Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I agree, you ignore those "gut feelings" at your peril.
    I've had numerous occasions when logic told me one thing, my gut another, & I've learned the hard way to respect the latter!

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook