Blood Sugars

Kirstykanga99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I am type one diabetic and have been since I was 5! I'm almost 17 and don't know what it is like to not have diabetes!

I am at high school and the last couple of weeks at lunch time I have not been checking my blood sugars! I know I need to I just don't have the motivation to do it!

It's not that I'm scared to do it! I'm not sure if it's the fact there's people around or what! I have never had any bother doing it but just recently i have!! I have been guessing how much insulin to take and it's been okay!

I am worried that I'll give my self to much or not enough just because I don't do my blood sugars!!

If anyone has any ideas of how to get me to do my bloods it would be great!

I think I just need to do it I have no problems at all about being diabetic I mean it's part of me it's who I am but when I'm out or at school I just want to forget it ever exists!

I always feel bad thinking this as I know that there is millions more than that people that are worse of than me

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not sure I can be much help as I'm t2 and was diagnosed a lot older (as well as worked on wards where I saw the complications). Motivation is a very personal thing. For me I find my personal motivation in my desire to be as healthy as possible and avoid the horrendous complications that I saw in the hospital.

So ask yourself What motivates you and gets you through exams or tough times,
Maybe A new dress or A small treat at the end of the week? Find something that you are happy to put the effort into getting and set small goals like after a day of testing then X happens, after week y and so on and so forth. Slowly you should find yourself getting back into the habit/ having no problems again. However if this isn't a technique that works for you maybe someone else will come by and be able to suggest something else for you. I'm afraid I'm still new to this whole thing.