Blood Test Kits

jskaife

How reliable are blood test kits for monitoring sugar levels?

I have a One Touch Ultra Easy which uses One Touch Ultra test strips and if I do 3/4 blood tests one after another sometimes there can be a vast variation on what the result is. I mean a variation as in between 3 and 9.........

One monitors do you use and how reliable do you feel they are?

Thanks

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi jskaife. :D

Forgive me if I hold my head in my hands but can I refer you to the numerous previous posts on here about this subject. If you follow the link and the other embedded links therein you might understand my feeling that I have a headache coming on..... :(
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9481&p=89286&hilit=meter+accuracy#p89286

You will NEVER get the same readings doing as you have done. Stick to testing just the once, you will save on test strips too. They are all built to exacting standards and they are extemely reliable in use. The tolerances could be better, but they are only a guide for home use, not laboratory instruments.

Ken.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I mean a variation as in between 3 and 9.........
I agree with Cugila that there is a variation,(and lots of threads) but the only time I've had such a large error is if I've got something 'sweet' on my fingers (most often with me its when I've taken a glucose tablet)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I've had my Freestyle Mini for several years and i also got one of the free Bayer Contours. I have only compared them on the same "stab" a couple of times and despite one being a whole blood meter and one a plasma. they have always come out identical or very close.This suggests to me they are probably pretty accurate.( 2 identical wrong answers would be unlikely.