Blood Test

Netty70

morning everyone
having my first blood test this afternoon since i was diagnosed 3 months ago, absolutely dreading it :(
when i first got diagnosed my bloods were 118/119
what level should i want them to be ??
hoping i have done everything right really want some good news
wish me luck :roll:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
any improvement is an improvement :) not expect too much to avoid dissapointment, apparently slow improvements are better than fast drops..... lol im trying to cushion the blow if they arent as good as you hope, if your anything like me youll be dissapointed with anything less than a medical miracle hehe, im sure they will be great, good luck :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Inanna

Good luck! I had my blood results back this morning too. Mine were down which is good but I still need to get them down further. I hope yours bloods are good

Netty70

Thanks guys
Ringing up Tuesday after 2
If its not the result I want I will just have to try harder I guess I do have an awesome DN so am sure she will help

Netty70

Andy12345 said:
any improvement is an improvement :) not expect too much to avoid dissapointment, apparently slow improvements are better than fast drops..... lol im trying to cushion the blow if they arent as good as you hope, if your anything like me youll be dissapointed with anything less than a medical miracle hehe, im sure they will be great, good luck :)

The cushion is good thank you lol :)

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
Good luck netty, got everything crossed for you, fingers, legs, eyes etc... just don't stress about it until you get the results... easier said than done I know :p

Mark

Netty70

zaphod37 said:
Good luck netty, got everything crossed for you, fingers, legs, eyes etc... just don't stress about it until you get the results... easier said than done I know :p

Mark

Thanks mark
Can you keep them crossed till Tuesday lol
Dreading getting them just cause I was so high when I was first diagnosed and a feel like ave been on a roller coaster since diagnosis need good news
:):):):):)

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
Ha Ha I can try Netty but I might get some odd looks in the checkout que in Morrisons :lol:

Mark

Netty70

zaphod37 said:
Ha Ha I can try Netty but I might get some odd looks in the checkout que in Morrisons :lol:

Mark

Haha
if you could get!!!!!
to the checkout in morrisons with everything crossed that should be on candid camera........:)

Netty70

Well guys and gals
My diabetes nurse rang me this morning my heart nearly stopped especially as I only had my blood test yesterday
Well my bloods are now too low have been told to adjust my meds slightly but do you think I need to do anything else

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
Hi Netty, wow that was a quick result but sorry to hear about the low BG. I don't know what to advise but someone should be around to help. Maybe I crossed too much, I will just try crossing fingers next time as I kept bumping into things with my eyes crossed.

Take care.
Mark

Netty70

zaphod37 said:
Hi Netty, wow that was a quick result but sorry to hear about the low BG. I don't know what to advise but someone should be around to help. Maybe I crossed too much, I will just try crossing fingers next time as I kept bumping into things with my eyes crossed.

Take care.
Mark

Hahaha thanks mark
Felt just like when I was first diagnosed never rang for my results they rang me a guess when it's a concern they ring through to the docs rather than make you wait :-(

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Netty. Good to hear that your bloods have gone down. Do you know whether it was an HBa1C test or just a fasting test? It's possible to do an HBa1C in a day but usually takes a few days for results. I would try to get hold of the results from your nurse or reception and what sort of test it was; it's probably HBa1C and perhaps let us know the numbers. We can then comment if it's useful to you.

Netty70

Daibell said:
Hi Netty. Good to hear that your bloods have gone down. Do you know whether it was an HBa1C test or just a fasting test? It's possible to do an HBa1C in a day but usually takes a few days for results. I would try to get hold of the results from your nurse or reception and what sort of test it was; it's probably HBa1C and perhaps let us know the numbers. We can then comment if it's useful to you.

Hi
It was just a normal blood test I didn't have to fast
When my DN rang I think she said I was now 40 considering 3mths ago I was 118/119 think its dropped a lot lol
I take 2 x 500mg of metformin twice a day and a 2mg of gliprimide in the morning she has just told me to half the gliprimide tablet and make another app in October for a blood test and to see her just wondered if I should do anything else
Thanks for the reply :)

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. That would be an HBa1C test as you don't need to fast for that. 40 mmol is an amazing improvement and equates to 5.8% in old money. That level is in the normal range for non-diabetics but that does not mean your diabetes is cured but is now well-managed. Your nurse is doing the right things. Just keep up the diet if you have reduced your carbs. I assume you were overweight and are now coming down? Sounds like the next HBa1C test should remain good.

Netty70

Daibell said:
Hi. That would be an HBa1C test as you don't need to fast for that. 40 mmol is an amazing improvement and equates to 5.8% in old money. That level is in the normal range for non-diabetics but that does not mean your diabetes is cured but is now well-managed. Your nurse is doing the right things. Just keep up the diet if you have reduced your carbs. I assume you were overweight and are now coming down? Sounds like the next HBa1C test should remain good.

Hoping it will be good next time I go
No I'm not overweight I have lost weight which is ok but don't really want to loose anymore as being tall I start looking ill
I do exercise a lot though so am guessing Its that plus I have been really careful on food choices
Fingers crossed for next test
Thanks for your response :)