Blood testing

nicdavcamb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had loads of testing equipment over the years, and it was not until the last 10 years, when I had a great meeting with a Diabetic Nurse, better than any doctor, She introduced me to Abbots freestyle Insulinx, set it up and everything was going great. That is until I moved and I had to buy a new Computer. I bought a new iMac OS X, which is an up todate machine. But Abbots machines do not operate on iMac so I tried what has been advertised on this site, I was sent a Verio IQ. guess what they do not work when trying to use iMac , not supported. Abbots are not supportive of Microsoft 8.2 either. so why does every one keep on about how good these new blood monitors are when Abbots have told me they do not work on iMac OSx and do not have any plans to do so. This I have found out that One Touch verio IQ have no plans either..... before advertising these machines, and how wonderful they, are please also state which computers can be used to print out Data. Unless anyone knows how to upload any program which will allow me to operate on OS x version 10.10.2 because Apple say it is up to the suppliers to get it formatted for use.......

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
does diasend work? I had to get a different usb cable so my pump spoke to windoze 8.1

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have used a Bayer (now Ascensia) Contour USB for a few years and have just upgraded to the Contour Next USB. The software is available for both Mac and Windows machines. The latest edition of Balance has a form to request a free meter on the inside front cover.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can run Windows on a Mac - see Google for details - I know you really shouldn't have to resort to that but might it help?

Robbity

Blackers183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Commercial television
Dissent works with most Abbots devices. Abbot were pretty useless when I asked them about connection to my Mac, very poor advice and support.