blue lips

chrissieworne

Hi all, am a bit worried, have appt with GP next tues. Today I felt very sweaty (hot flushes)and when I cooled down and felt horrible a work colleague said my lips had a bluish tint. I looked in the mirror and there was a slight tinge, once I felt better and had a hot drink they went pink again. In the past when I have had migraines I have had a bluey hint but as I have had an ecg and do not get breathless, no chest pain, no asthma, no circulation probs etc I was not worried. But now I am wondering if it could be something to worry about.

I am on Thyroxine, Ranitidine, Simvastatin, Metformin and Aspirin so it is a bit of a cocktail but this morning i had taken some co-codamol as i had a bad head as well.

Have looked on internet and scared myself but i don't seem to have any other symptoms to worry about.

Any ideas, can u put my mind at rest?
Thanks
Chrissie

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Chrissie, if at any time I had blue lips I would call an ambulance or go straight to A&E.

It could be nothing at all or just you feeling ill and a general loss of colour but as blue lips can signal a lack of oxygen in your blood please at least see you doctor asap

chrissieworne

Hi Sid, okay, I have an appt Tuesday, am feeling better today and no more blueness. Felt a bit panicky as she kepp going on about it !!

Thanks Chrissie :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hope it proves to be nothing Chrisie, but I think you are doing the right thing in seeing your doc :D

chrissieworne

Thanks Sid
People at work kept going on about it today so in the end I managed to get an appt with a GP late this afternoon. He checked my BP and heart, all seemed okay, lips weren't blue then! He also checked my oxygen levels in blood it read 98 which he said was excellent as top number 100! Although of course it only tells them whats happening at that time.
He thinks it is a sudden drop in BP when I don't feel well due to a migraine, high glucose or whatever which causes my face to lose colour then the blood doesn't pump as well and the blueish tinge appears. Also because I get very hot then cold quickly he says I probably have an intolerance to extreme cold and heat. He also looked at my gums and inner mouth. He said as I don't feel dizzy, faint or have any pains in the chest, thumping, missing beats or palpatations it's a positive sign it's not serious.
Anyway, I am going to path lab tomorrow as HBA1C due, also run a raft of tests to check for anaemia, check my thyroid function, liver function and kidney function due to the statin, see how my cholesterol is doing.
Am feeling better about it, wait and see!!
He also said if people keep on about it its no wonder I am anxious and that anxiety exacerbates the whole thing.
Thanks for your support, much appreciated. Am usually a positive person but lately I am rather anxious generally.
Regards Chrissie :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
chrissieworne said:
Anyway, I am going to path lab tomorrow as HBA1C due, also run a raft of tests to check for anaemia, check my thyroid function, liver function and kidney function due to the statin, see how my cholesterol is doing.
Am feeling better about it, wait and see!!

Sounds like your getting the full MOT there, glad your feeling better about it and good luck with the Ac1 :D

chrissieworne

Re: blue lips good news

Hi Sid,
blood tests all came back fine, GP put it down to me not feeling well and a drop in BP, I am very fair skinned so she says that would give blueish appearance when I feel poorly as I tend to lose all my colour. Good news on HBAIC as well, down to 6.8 so she says thats within NICE guideines.

Thanks for your concern,
Chrissie

theblokefromstoke

Dislikes
Pizza (makes my BG go through the roof), Pasta & potatoes.
Hi Chrissie,

You should see the doctor definatly. If you feel worse, try and get in sooner. I don't know about you but its been horribly stuffy these past couple of days and knocks the stuffing out of me and makes me feel like i'm coming down with flue or something.

Hope all is well when you see the doctor.

carl

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Glad it proved to be nothing Chrissie and congratulations on your Ac1 too
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif