Blurred vision?

Doczoc

Since starting medication and adopting a low carb diet my vision is quite blurred at times, especially when trying to read tiny text (Collins Carb Counter is a waste of money as I can't read the thing). My doc said that it's just the change in sugar levels affecting the pressure inside my eyeballs and it will settle down. How long will this take? I need to make a diabetic eye appointment, I've always wore glasses and have had a stable prescription all my adult life, how long should I leave it to settle befor getting my eyes tested?

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Doczoc,
Your doc is absolutely right, and it can take a week or two before your vision becomes adjusted to the lower carbs and settles down again. Whatever you do don't get your eyes tested until all blurriness has gone because the situation will be changing on a day by day basis and you could waste a fortune on specs that will be no use to you in a few days.

Doczoc

Dennis said:
Hi Doczoc,
Your doc is absolutely right, and it can take a week or two before your vision becomes adjusted to the lower carbs and settles down again. Whatever you do don't get your eyes tested until all blurriness has gone because the situation will be changing on a day by day basis and you could waste a fortune on specs that will be no use to you in a few days.

Thats what I was thinking Dennis, thanks. I'll give it a couple of more weeks!