Blurred Vision

si-hard

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone could possibly offer any knowledge from previous experience. i was diagnosed with type 1 last week, a few days ago my vision (close up vision only) became blurred ie when reading newspaper, I read somewhere that this can be down to my blood levels being up and down recently. Is this true, just I am slightly concerned. I have been checked at the hospital (photographed my eyes) but i have not received the results yet? Any comments or thoughts would be welcome.

Many Thanks

Geoff

Hello Sir, yes it is normal to experience the problem that you describe. Post-diagnosis as you blood sugars are stabilized, it is normal for glucose to move to the back of your eyes, this distorts the lenses of the eye, this causes you to have problem with reading for a wile.

After my diagnosis, I had this problem very badly, my eyesight was reduced to about 45% of normal, this lasted for three months in my case before I could even drive a car. It will get better, in your case it could be a short term thing or like me it could last longer, there is nothing you can do about it you just have to ride it out.

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
Hi,

My vision was blurry pre diagnosis and almost became worse for close up stuff for a week or so after diagnosis... i had real trouble signing my prescription slips in the pharmacy it was that bad.

It got better pretty quick after a week. So dont worry for now, if it carries on longer though i'd ask your diabetes team or see an optitian... remember to tell them about your recent diagnosis.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya si,
welcome to the forum,
as type 1 i too had it b4 diagnosis and for a few weeks after,it does settle down :D

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
HIYA! i have blurred vision as well and i have been dagnosed since the 6/10, but it is gettting a bit better.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Don't hurry to get new glasses - your eyes need to stabilise. Others on the forum have regretted it.