1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Blurring sight

Discussion in 'Prediabetes' started by Sukayalid, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Sukayalid

Sukayalid · Active Member

I have recently noticed my eyes are going blurry on occasions. Is this caused by higher glucose? My latest Hba1c done two weeks ago was 50?

2. andcol

andcol I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Difficult to say but it could be. I used to find if my levels hit 9.5 my eyes would dry out and vision would not be in focus.

3. Daffodils1

Daffodils1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Sorry, I don't know, but maybe worth asking the Dr or optician, they'll figure it out. Hope it clears up for you soon.

4. Sukayalid

Sukayalid · Active Member

I got worried and had my eyes tested early just to make sure but it showed they were fine and glasses did not need upgrade. Will check with doc next time I see him.

5. Jo123

Jo123 · Well-Known Member

I am prediabetic and blurry vision was one of the reasons I asked my gp for a blood test for diabetes. Now my blood sugar levels are normal I no longer get blurred vision.

• Like Like x 3
  6. dannyw

dannyw Type 1 · BANNED

I think blurred vision is a sign of raised BG levels. If it continues when you are within target range I would get eyes tested.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook