BOB MARLEY

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I've just had a lovely afternoon jammin' to Bob Marley in Sefton Park near where I live. I don't know why but I feel a real spiritual connection to this park and I get sudden urges to pick myself up and drive there and I can guarantee, every time I get that feeling, I get there and find some kind of open air musical event going on that I was unaware of and I end up thoroughly enjoying myself.

Liverpool has a great mix of races, creeds and cultures and we often see only the negative side of Liverpool on the news or in the papers.

Today I was treated to some really excellent soul music by a lovely Jamaican bloke who sang his heart out and danced and brought the most wonderful atmosphere to the whole park. I couldn't help joining in and singing my own heart out too, I was 60 last week, I haven't sung for years so I was a bit out of tune but I surprised even myself when I started belting out this song -

One love, One heart
Let's get together and feel all right
Hear the children crying (One Love)
Hear the children crying (One Heart)
Sayin' give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right
Sayin' let's get together and feel all right

Let them all pass all their dirty remarks (One Love)
There is one question I'd really love to ask (One Heart)
Is there a place for the hopeless sinner
Who has hurt all mankind just to save his own?
Believe me

One Love, One Heart
As it was in the beginning (One Love)
So shall it be in the end (One Heart)
Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right
One more thing

Let's get together to fight this Holy Armageddon (One Love)
So when the Man comes there will be no no doom (One Song)
Have pity on those whose chances grove thinner
There ain't no hiding place from the Father of Creation

Sayin' One Love, One Heart
I'm pleading to mankind (One Love)
Oh Lord (One Heart)

Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right
Let's get together and feel all right.

:D :D :D

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Bob Marley is an absolute Legend ! Redemption Song still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Grace I am jamming it right now with you :D

Awww bless you grace - can picture you bopping about - belting this GREAT song out :thumbup:
Never mind the age thingy :shh: shhhh you're as YOUNG as you feel .
21 again 'right' :wave:

One love - one heart
Lets get together and feel alright
Hear the children crying [one love!]
Hear the children crying [one heart!]
Sayin give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel alright
Sayin lets get together and feel alright

Grace we should really 'meet' up and go there again 'together'
I live near you :wink:

Am still jamming :p
Anna .

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Grace I must admit I am very envious. Ooohhhh he is an absolute Rastafarian Reggae Legend, Love it :D especially No woman no cry. My daughter was given a vinyl LP of Bob Marley, that used to belong to her dad. What a fantastic time you had :D wish I was there.

RRB :)

LittleWolf

Beautiful music, glad you had a great time! Have any of you seen Marley, the documentary? Appropriately released on cannabis day... It's sensitive, intimate and interviews many of Marley's family and associates. Better, it looks into his personal philosophy and the dynamics within the touring Wailers.

Im not even into Marley besides a few songs but can appreciate an artist and it was just very well produced.

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
pickledpepper2 said:
Was just listening to a track called 'positive vibrations' by the legend. Check it out on youtube!
[youtube]Tf-ttAD3-cY[/youtube]

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Liverpool?
I'm there now and then.
The only city I have ever been to where the whole city centre closes down and has a stage built round every corner you turn with a live band playing!
I know it's only a small city but it is an amazing time to be there.
Pubs so crammed full they start selling beer out the windows!
Crushed in the streets jam packed with people drinking the city dry and smoking tons of ganja trouble free.
People sitting high up on the window sills of banks and insurance companies ... a bit like a war time victory scene but it's a peace time celebration of music thing.
Last one I went to there all manner of sixties tribute bands and the one I couldn't get away from were the Kinks! Everyone young and old knew the words to every song and sang along and danced. From kids to pensioners.
Great city.
If anyone gets the chance to go to anything in Liverpool to do with music and the arts in general go without hesitation.
My wifes family are half from Wales and half from Liverpool. 8)

LittleWolf

Wow, maybe I should come check it out with you! Minus the beer, sounds fantastic if I can find a convenient roof to survey from. So many of Marley's children have gone on to their own musical careers- its nice that he lives on in them.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Today was particularly special for me because I can't be doing with crowds and loud noise but on the other hand I really DO LOVE MUSIC so getting myself in the right place with the right atmosphere has to 'just happen'. I loathe making plans, the thought of buying a ticket for a concert and sitting in a crowded hall watching a 'performance' just doesn't cut it for me and never has. For me to really enjoy life, it has to be spontaneous, something I'm not expecting.

It makes me feel as if 'God' is organising things for me while I'm not looking. In fact, looking back on my life 'God' has organised quite a few shocks and surprises for me along the way, some of them I've recognised and enjoyed, others I've wondered what on earth they were all about.

I've tried 'making plans' - it doesn't work for me. I can't even plan to go shopping on a particular day, because it never happens, something else happens instead.

One time I decided to just up and go to Sefton Park with my friend. A last minute spur of the moment decision and as we got out of the car, I could faintly hear orchestral music but my friend couldn't hear it so I thought I was imagining it but kept moving towards the music - until we stumbled right into the big glasshouse and discovered - an orchestra, conductor (who was an ex boss of mine) belting out 'Jupiter' from The Planets. OMG I thought I'd stumbled into heaven and my friend was zonked as she couldn't hear it.

So I think when something's going on in Sefton Park, that I must somehow pick up the vibes from far away in my home and I just follow them until we meet. I've always been sensitive but I didn't realise I was THAT sensitive. :lol:

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
GraceK said:
Today was particularly special for me because I can't be doing with crowds and loud noise but on the other hand I really DO LOVE MUSIC so getting myself in the right place with the right atmosphere has to 'just happen'. I loathe making plans, the thought of buying a ticket for a concert and sitting in a crowded hall watching a 'performance' just doesn't cut it for me and never has. For me to really enjoy life, it has to be spontaneous, something I'm not expecting.

It makes me feel as if 'God' is organising things for me while I'm not looking. In fact, looking back on my life 'God' has organised quite a few shocks and surprises for me along the way, some of them I've recognised and enjoyed, others I've wondered what on earth they were all about.

I've tried 'making plans' - it doesn't work for me. I can't even plan to go shopping on a particular day, because it never happens, something else happens instead.

One time I decided to just up and go to Sefton Park with my friend. A last minute spur of the moment decision and as we got out of the car, I could faintly hear orchestral music but my friend couldn't hear it so I thought I was imagining it but kept moving towards the music - until we stumbled right into the big glasshouse and discovered - an orchestra, conductor (who was an ex boss of mine) belting out 'Jupiter' from The Planets. OMG I thought I'd stumbled into heaven and my friend was zonked as she couldn't hear it.

So I think when something's going on in Sefton Park, that I must somehow pick up the vibes from far away in my home and I just follow them until we meet. I've always been sensitive but I didn't realise I was THAT sensitive. :lol:
You sound like something of a free spirit ... never lose that.

thebassist84

This ace story reminds me of when I was in Amsterdam and I ended up enjoying Ziggy Marley in Dam square. We just kinda wandered over not knowing what it was. It ended up being one of the greatest days ever! He did his dad proud. He did a mean version of Sunday shining. Soooo good! With all the local pleasures too, it was something else! Love an outdoor gig. I used to go to t in the park every year, but its a bit too busy now! I've seen James brown, tom waits..... good memories!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
The summer is a great time for listening to Bob Marley or any Ska, Reggae music for that mater.

Strangely this morning I watched this video on This Is My Jam which I thought was pretty good as Ive only ever heard him rap before.

[youtube]ZRmELlhCZbA[/youtube]

Yes you read it right Eddie Murphy!!

If you like Blues music my This Is My Jam channel is http://www.thisismyjam.com/Sid_Bonkers will it would be wouldnt it :wink:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sid Bonkers said:
The summer is a great time for listening to Bob Marley or any Ska, Reggae music for that mater.

Strangely this morning I watched this video on This Is My Jam which I thought was pretty good as Ive only ever heard him rap before.

[youtube]ZRmELlhCZbA[/youtube]

Yes you read it right Eddie Murphy!!

If you like Blues music my This Is My Jam channel is http://www.thisismyjam.com/Sid_Bonkers will it would be wouldnt it :wink:

I love Ska music as well. My son made me a CD with some golden oldies. I remember these in the 1970's on an LP, that's vinyl to the younger ones, Dave and Ansell Collins to name but a few. I have Liquidator, Return of Django,Monkey man, A message to you Rudi, Long shot kick de bucket, Do Rock Steady, ah ha, Moon stomping and Monkey man. I have the CD on now, I cannot sit still:D RRB :)

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
thebassist84 said:
This ace story reminds me of when I was in Amsterdam and I ended up enjoying Ziggy Marley in Dam square. We just kinda wandered over not knowing what it was. It ended up being one of the greatest days ever! He did his dad proud. He did a mean version of Sunday shining. Soooo good! With all the local pleasures too, it was something else! Love an outdoor gig. I used to go to t in the park every year, but its a bit too busy now! I've seen James brown, tom waits..... good memories!

Tom Waits!!!!
Probably my all time favourite artist ... I think I have everything he ever released.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
You sound like something of a free spirit ... never lose that.[/quote]

Yep ... I think I am a free spirit. My intuition (when I really listen to it) usually comes up trumps, although I haven't cracked the lottery yet. I hate being confined either by walls, people who want to box me in or stupid rules that make me follow someone else's desired path rather than my own. My own path is more of a 'meandering' through life, I suppose 'being led by spirit' The minute anything sounds remotely like 'a plan', aaaarrrghhhh ... I get the shakes. It's not so much that I can't or won't adhere to anything planned, it's more that I HAVE to know that if I feel the need, that I am free to NOT stick to the plan. I've avoided accidents by simply changing my mind on the spur of the moment about which route to take and every day of my working life I see how 'rules' and regulations that began well, end up serving to tie us all up in knots so we end up like Houdini trying to free ourselves from the beaurocratic mess the world has become.

To me, life is a series of 'happenings' not a set of plans, which is why I've never ever really felt at home in the world. I'm definitely from another planet!

God! That was deep. But that's how I feel today. :roll:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a HUGE Bob Marley fan!!! I was given the "Legend" album when I was 13 (22 years ago!) and went on to buy every album he made.

I LOVE Natty Dread, and I LOVE Catch a Fire.

In fact, there's not a Bob Marley album that I DON'T love. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: