Body Shape

tiojaime

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been T2 since 2004 and have been managing my diabetes very well , my Dr is happy and my readings are good.
My worry is my torso, my arms and legs are nicely proportioned and fairly fit, but my belly is huge and I have developed man-boobs.
I swim , walk . I dont do gyms (never have)...I am 66 years young but cant shift the stomach !
Any magic remedies ?

Mileana

Just want to mentioned that if you decide to Low-Carb in some form, I don't think you can get more tested results with more support than from the people on this board, so I would be hesitant to pay for a Trademarked version until you have tried the normal advise here - cut down carbs to lower than half normal, or even to 30g a day.

I am aware of the 800 kcal diet, but personally, I'd go for something that is a big, but still 'normal' modification of 'food' before trying that.

Guess I am just saying it doesn't need to be called something fancy to work.

Check Viv's modified Atkins...

-M

Defren

tiojaime said:
I have been T2 since 2004 and have been managing my diabetes very well , my Dr is happy and my readings are good.
My worry is my torso, my arms and legs are nicely proportioned and fairly fit, but my belly is huge and I have developed man-boobs.
I swim , walk . I dont do gyms (never have)...I am 66 years young but cant shift the stomach !
Any magic remedies ?

You sound just like me. I have a slim face, arms, legs, everywhere in proportion except my tummy. I am an apple shape, and have read loads, about how to get rid of the tummy flab. It seems the only way, is continued diet, and walking. I walk quite a lot and it is moving, but slowly compared to the rest. I think we will both have to accept it will go, but in it's own time.