Bolusing on a pump

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This may be a bit of a thick question but I'll ask anyway. If I bolus using my pump for my meal (together with inputting my bg etc), and then decide afterwards to have a dessert I obviously will have to bolus for that as well. My question is - do you just calc the carbs and bolus without inputting a further bg (as I would only have done a bg 15-20 mins beforehand)?

What do you do?

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wouldn't need to do anther test in that instance. If desert was an hour to 2 hour later then I would test, but, use slight less insulin recommended as it would be "stacked" with the previous dose. thing with having as pud is, and depending how sugary it is lol and you knew you was having one, I would inject if poss same time as meal to give it a head start as puds can be very high gi and hit our bloods quick. never know if an odd reading was from the meal or the pud, even if bolusing at the same time or apart.
Personally don't have puddings for that reason lol, but on special occasions I may sometimes.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
depends what pump you use... My vibe is very hard to input carbs without a bg (read i haven't worked it out yet!) so i reuse my dinner bg. my pump works out how much insulin I've needed and sorts it all out :D

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It is the vibe - if you ezcarb but arrow down to 'show result' when it asks you to enter your bg, you can leave out your bg.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk