Bombay Celeriac.

ClaireG 06

Had a bot of an experiment yesterday! We were having a homemade pork curry for tea and i had some celeriac to use up so i made bombay celeriac, it was really tasty :D

I diced some celeriac into small cubes and boiled it for approx 12 mins until the cubes were soft. Whilst the celeraic was boiling, i diced an onion and crushed a clove of garlic and fried them in a little oil until soft and a bit brown. I then added mustard seed, garam masala, cumin seed and turmeric to the pan and fried for about a minute before adding the drained celeraic to the pan for a few more minutes. I put it in a dish and put in the oven on a low heat whilst finishing everything else off which i think dried it out a bit more and improved it :)

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
THAT is going in the "keepers" recipe folder! Can't wait to try it. (8.5 weeks and counting!!! :wink: )

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
8.5 weeks - golly time goes by so fast. Did it go fast for you, Patch?

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Oh OK - lost count :? But well done for what you have done so far :D

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
daisy1 said:
Oh OK - lost count :? But well done for what you have done so far :D

Cheers! 2 weeks (next Monday) will be a big milestone. It means I'll be 1/5 of the way through the 10 week program. (Depending on how I get on I might extend it to the full 12 weeks - and to be honest, if I make it to 10, 12 is not a great stretch!)

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
thanks - that looks lovely, will be trying soon.

Jane

ClaireG 06

Glad you enjoyed it :D

This is a recipe i do quite often and posted the other day on the mince/cheese thread. It's a sort of cross between a stuffed marrow and a lasagne.
Cut the marrow into about 2inch slices and scoop out the middle, i then lightly steam them and place in a large dish. Then fry off garlic, mushrooms, onions, mince, tinned tomatoes, a little tomato puree, worcester sauce and mixed herbs. I put this into the holes in the marrow slices. I then cover the lot with ricotta cheese mixed with greek yogurt and sprinkle grated chedder over the top and cook in the oven at 180c for about 20-30 mins until the top goes a bit brown and is bubbling.

I enjoy cooking and can often be found reading a cookery book rather than a novel :lol: I tend to look at recipes and then think hmmm how can i adapt this. I'm thinking of trying the bombay thing on cauliflower next as think that would work well to :) Greek yogurt is one of my best friends :lol: I use it a lot for sauces and dips etc.

WhitbyJet

Claire, I cooked this last night, DELISH :D
I am also always searching for recipes, adapt some if necessary, I have a collection of recipes in various foreign languages that I am hoping friends will be translating sometime soon.

Have a good weekend and thank you again.