Bored so I ate Cheesecake

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Peeing down with rain here so the street party got moved to a school hall which is not the same thing at all.

Anyway bored, bored, bored...

So decided to relieve the boredom by eating 3 large cheesy sausage rolls and a quarter of a Tesco's finest cheesecake.

Start 4.9, 1hr 8.0, 2hr 7.8 so nothing exciting still bored. :yawn:

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
I hope you enjoyed the grub though,cheesecake is yummy after all and your readings are still in single figures so hey ho eh? :wink:

desidiabulum

Don't forget plenty of white bread and potatoes too, if you want to follow Diabetes UK guidelines properly. Or are you just playing diabetic Russian roulette?

Paul1976

Dislikes
A bit OTT,most Low carbers have a very occasional treat every now and then..

Paul1976

Dislikes
Oh God!! I feel a right prat now!! :oops: :lol: :lol:

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
desidiabulum said:
Don't forget plenty of white bread and potatoes too, if you want to follow Diabetes UK guidelines properly. Or are you just playing diabetic Russian roulette?

Well I wanted to see if I really have reduced my insulin resistance but playing Russian roulette using the rules laid down by DUK is a very good analogy :lol: . I don't believe for one moment I could consume that everyday without really bad consequences but no way could I have got readings like that a few months ago prior to losing weight as it would have been double digits every time. I will continue by trying a plain white baguette with my Cheesburger Pie and salad for dinner :twisted:

Paul it was very nice cheese cake!

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Xyzzy!

Just be careful that you don't spike later or remain 'high' for too long - cheesecake is a devil for hitting the BG later because of all the fat in the filling. Mind you, I can talk - I ate a a big bowl of 'low-carb' vanilla and choc-chip ice-cream. Now, this would only be 4g carb if I ate a fifth of the yield and froze the rest, but I ate at least three quarters of it in one go straight out of the ice-cream maker with no insulin to cover (why did I do that?) and my BG was 8.5 just now before tea :oops: Ah well, it has been a very rainy miserable day!

Smidge

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
smidge said:
why did I do that?
Smidge

I'm just thinking the same thing about the baguette I just ate :lol: Must admit it got consumed along with the normal Metformin and Bitter Melon and I stuffed loads of fat (butter and cheese) with it to minimise the spike. As you say that Cheesecake does take sometime to process was still 6.0 at four hours after consuming it. For this time of day that is a very long time.

Still raining...

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
At yesterday's Jubilee celebration at Heston Community Centre (my choir was singing) there was nothing diabetic friendly apart from salad. I selected sausage rolls, pork pies & currynation chicken sandwich.

I ate the fillings & left more than I ate.

As the membership is mainly elderly, I was surprised that there was no awareness of the dangers of such food - nothing remotely "healthy." Indian savouries were provided, but vegetarian samosas are potato wrapped in pastry.

Perhaps I should offer MY lecture on healthy eating .... I only joined the choir because I thought my active life was over - due to the DUK diet, & I would have to give up tennis.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
IanD said:
there was nothing diabetic friendly apart from salad.

Irritating when that happens but like everything else it's purely out of lack of education not malice, although in DUK's case I sometimes wonder. I visited the zoo yesterday on a family day out and had lunch there. Made me smile. The closest safe thing was ham, fried egg and chips so I asked for ham, fried egg, no chips but a couple of sausages instead. I got the usual bemused "what kind of weirdo are you" look but they happily served me. Got to the checkout and got a bonus! Only got charged for a child's meal cos I didn't have any chips!

On today's rebellion. Got well and truly put in my place by the baguette. Was 6.0 before was 4.9 two hours later so even that rebellion against boredom was a total failure.

Of course that's not quite the truth... I did get 4.9 after 2 hours and did consume the entire baguette just chickened out and consumed a very large G&T with it. :shh:

Defren

xyzzy said:
IanD said:
there was nothing diabetic friendly apart from salad.

Irritating when that happens but like everything else it's purely out of lack of education not malice, although in DUK's case I sometimes wonder. I visited the zoo yesterday on a family day out and had lunch there. Made me smile. The closest safe thing was ham, fried egg and chips so I asked for ham, fried egg, no chips but a couple of sausages instead. I got the usual bemused "what kind of weirdo are you" look but they happily served me. Got to the checkout and got a bonus! Only got charged for a child's meal cos I didn't have any chips!

On today's rebellion. Got well and truly put in my place by the baguette. Was 6.0 before was 4.9 two hours later so even that rebellion against boredom was a total failure.

Of course that's not quite the truth... I did get 4.9 after 2 hours and did consume the entire baguette just chickened out and consumed a very large G&T with it. :shh:

Boredom really doesn't suit you does it? Instead of being as naughty as you have been I think you need to plan your days better. :lol: The Zoo sounds fun, perhaps today should have been spent at the local play park, waterproof jacket and wellies would have kept you dry. :lolno:

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
Sadly I fell foul of the festiveness of the occasion by consuming 2 bottles of Red wine and a chicken and shish Kebab - pita bread. Missus not happy with me at all, as she says I kept her awake all night with my snoring, he he. but never really put a dent in my BS at 5.5 this morning its good to get rebellious.

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
RoyG said:
Sadly I fell foul of the festiveness of the occasion by consuming 2 bottles of Red wine and a chicken and shish Kebab - pita bread. Missus not happy with me at all, as she says I kept her awake all night with my snoring, he he. but never really put a dent in my BS at 5.5 this morning its good to get rebellious.
Scrap that earlier comment for while my blood sugar remained indifferent to my foolish frivolity's, the rest of me did not and I am still suffering now! My stomach, I sorta forgot about that and my hiatus hernia mainly because it has been behaving itself while I am on low carbs, but it came back and poked me with a very sharp stick, Note to self BEHAVE.

Grazer

xyzzy said:

So decided to relieve the boredom by eating 3 large cheesy sausage rolls and a quarter of a Tesco's finest cheesecake.

I got bored so went out and did 130 on my motorbike. Which do you rekon is more dangerous? I'd say the cheesecake

Paul1976

Dislikes
Grazer said:
xyzzy said:

I got bored so went out and did 130 on my motorbike. Which do you rekon is more dangerous? I'd say the cheesecake

Depends on how many speed cameras you passed! :lol: