1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Boy unable to trade any of his lunch with friends

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by ButtterflyLady, Oct 15, 2015.

1. ButtterflyLady

ButtterflyLady Type 2 · Well-Known Member

2. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I feel quite sorry for the lad... :(

I'll tag in someone who knows about this stuff, who would definately have great options for a GM free packed lunch . @Celeriac

3. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

What an excellent wind up!

Actually, sounds just like my wheat, dairy and sugar free childhood.

But don't worry kid - it can always get worse.

4. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

These stories have to be put in perspective (what is a bag of air?). I think back to my childhood since I was born during the war which had rationing in it and after it. I thought that was normal, I was too young to understand. Lunch boxes for schoolkids had not been invented as far as I know. We got a third of a bottle of milk in the mornings. The school didn't have a kitchen and when they invented school dinners we had to be bussed to a school that did.

It is possible that if I had the riches of Timmy and had a lunch box then I might have been mugged for it, or was mugging invented by then?

Anyway I enjoy being a boring old frat and saying things like, "We didn't have that in my day".

Run away and play Timmy and don't bother your elders again.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Shar67

Shar67 · Guest

He gets a bag og air, he is lucky in my day air was way to expensive to have packaged we only got the air in the street

• Like Like x 12
    #5 Shar67, Oct 15, 2015 at 4:25 PM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  6. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

7. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

I have had my humorous post and I would now like to say something else. I would not like to think that Timmy would suffer healthwise from a mother who is a nut. If he is in any danger from not being able to share his lunch he should be removed immediately to a place where good food abounds. The local authority is his only option unfortunately. Sorry Timmy, nice to have known you.

8. Cl1ve

Cl1ve Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi . I was just wondering if squire fulwoods avatar has such a big nose to make good use of his bag of free air he would only need to open the bag a little
    Clive

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook