Bragging Rights

acron^

Dislikes
Diabetes?
Hi all,

Ok so this is a shameless bragging post! I had possibly my BEST day for blood sugars yesterday since being siagnosed last September and I wanted to brag about it 8)

Morning, pre-breakfast reading: 4.2 mmol
Afternoon, post-lunch reading: 4.3 mmol
Evening, post-dinner reading: 4.1 mmol

I also had great BG this morning (3.3), after taking advice on this forum to cope with my horrendous DP and this is all down to a change in diet (restricted carbs, not "low") and a subsequent decrease in insulin and so i've had less hypos/peaks. I want to thank everyone on Diabetes.co.uk forum because if it hadn't been for what I'd read here, I still wouldn't have a clue what I was doing and I wouldn't be able to brag such results!!

Anyway, to alleviate my smug inner-victory, I invite everyone to post their best results!

Ant

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry, a bit of a cold water post
:(
I'm glad that you had better control during the day yesterday but I think you should watch that overnight reading,
3.3 is too low, particularly if like many you go lower in the very early hours followed by a rise in levels on waking. (thats perfectly normal, its only large rises that are problematic)

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Congratulations. My 2.5 yr old is the diabetic in the family and I manage to keep him in single figures for most of the day and bump him up a bit for the night. I agree that 3.3 is too low for waking in the morning but it is great that you haven't got the peaks and troughs that can be most upsetting. Once there is some control and predictable bsl's it is so much easier to have a life as well as diabetes.

Great you are on track. Jen.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
You have the right to bag, but phoeniz is right. 3.3 is a little on the low side.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
As the previous posters state. 3.3 is low and not recommended for anyone.

Rest of the readings are really good though. :D

Ken.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
well done on the 4,s but i myself wouldnt be happy to have below 4.5 on a morning :D

acron^

Dislikes
Diabetes?
These comments are all VERY fair! I wouldn't say I am totally happy with a 3.3 in the morning but for anyone who remember my post a couple of weeks ago, I was waking up at around 9mmol so for me this is a massive step in the right direction.

Blackadder, I managed to resolve the DP using some advice from another user. Basically, that was to eat a small amount of cheese just before bed and also to make sure I wasn't going to sleep whilst too low. So now I have a slice of toast and a bit of cheese just before bed (usually around 11pm). This means that I don't liver dump @ around 3am.

caitycakes1

Acron,

Please take care that your previous dp wasn't in fact caused by going hypo in the night. With a morning level in the 3's you could afford to decrease some of your evening insulin to bring you into the 4's in the morning.

Caitycakes x

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Caitycakes is spot on as usual. Maybe a slight reduction in overnight basal will see you in the zone first thing. Otherwise, that's a fantastic improvement in such a short time. Top marks!

fergus