Brandon High St. Boots unhelpful, Boots Bury Rd helped, getting my prescriptions from helpful one

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was in Boots High St, Brandon yesterday and the pharmacist decided to have his lunch at 2, when the surgery was meant to open (was closed between 1-2pm for one day for some reason) so went up to Boots Bury Road, in Brandon, which was a helpful pharmacy because a staff member went and got some from the unhelpful pharmacy after us finding out they didn't have one in stock in Boots Bury Rd. We sat in their consultation room then outside it and waited for the NovoRapid which had ran out that day as I have to take it every day after EVERY meal and some snacks. I'd like to thank that lady who went out of her way to get the insulin. Getting my prescriptions from Boots Bury Rd, Brandon from now on. Thanks Boots Bury Road. The helpful pharmacy is small, but has a bigger, more open heart and gives out MORE help than Boots High Street.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We were on the other side. Mum was crying. THANKS A LOT UNHELPFUL

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was in Boots High St, Brandon yesterday and the pharmacist decided to have his lunch at 2, when the surgery was meant to open (was closed between 1-2pm for one day for some reason) so went up to Boots Bury Road, in Brandon, which was a helpful pharmacy because a staff member went and got some from the unhelpful pharmacy after us finding out they didn't have one in stock in Boots Bury Rd. We sat in their consultation room then outside it and waited for the NovoRapid which had ran out that day as I have to take it every day after EVERY meal and some snacks. I'd like to thank that lady who went out of her way to get the insulin. Getting my prescriptions from Boots Bury Rd, Brandon from now on. Thanks Boots Bury Road. The helpful pharmacy is small, but has a bigger, more open heart and gives out MORE help than Boots High Street.

We have recently carried out the move.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You should report and complain to the head office!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Do you always wait until you’ve run out before getting a new lot of NovoRapid? It’s wiser to renew your supply before it runs out just in case it’s impossible to get to the pharmacy, you break a vial, or you’re unwell and as a result of that you need to increase your dose. Waiting until you’ve run out is risky.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you always wait until you’ve run out before getting a new lot of NovoRapid? It’s wiser to renew your supply before it runs out just in case it’s impossible to get to the pharmacy, you break a vial, or you’re unwell and as a result of that you need to increase your dose. Waiting until you’ve run out is risky.
Agree, I always order before or when I've started on my second to last pen, so I've got a spare just in case (for whatever reason), leaving it til the last minute can cause issues.
I know about a month or two ago, it took my local chemist about a week or so to get more Lantus due to supply issues they were having.

Reactions: Dodo