breakfast cereals

stuartclose

Hi, what cereal can I eat? I am a type 2 low carb follower on Byetta and maximum doses of Metformin and Gliclazide.

Cheers.

Pauline

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
If you are low carbing I wouldn't have thought there would be much cereal to have at all ? Most advice is to avoid or reduce them. The majority of cereals raise my Bg levels considerably unless I have tiny portions. You may be different in your response to such foods but most are full of carbs ?

How come you are on max doses of Met and Glic ? Usually they reduce those meds, especially the Glic when on Byetta. :?

stuartclose

Cugila

last week I saw my Consultant after having my hba1c results. Unfortunately they had risen to 8.0, everything else normal. have been through a trying time, having been diagnosed with osteoarthritis from the base of my spine right through to both shoulders at the same time I have sciatic, therefore I cannot exercise as well as I used to.

I have 6 months on the new regime, if this fails its insulin for me.

as I wrote once more I don't feel the effects of byetta anymore, I mentioned this to my Consultant, she hadn't come across this. i still eat from a small plate and feel full up so alls well in that area.

take care,pauline

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Thanks Pauline.

Have heard of one or two who don't seem to get the benefits of Byetta anymore but if it isnt working properly ? That's a shame.

Can I ask what sort of things you are eating at the moment ? We may be able to offer some other suggestions that may help you avoid going onto Insulin.

stuartclose

Me again

1 slices wholemeal toast with flora for breakfast.

apple or pear mid morning.

wholemeal sandwich, tomato&cheese or cheese & onion lunch time

2 finger rich tea biscuits mid afternoon.

salad with tuna, pilchards cheese, salmon and sometimes 1 small potato

occasionally baked beans on toast, depends on what I feel like.
do eat quite a lot of grilled fish, chicken - we are not great meat eaters.

admit to having a odd treat, like 2 squares of dark organic chocolate. I'm no angel.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
stuartclose said:
Me again

1 slices wholemeal toast with flora for breakfast.

Bread has about on average 17 gm carbs in one slice.

apple or pear mid morning.

Again an apple or pear have more carbs than some of the softer fruits such as strawberries, blueberries etc.

wholemeal sandwich, tomato&cheese or cheese & onion lunch time

Bread again, try something else with no bread such as salad for instance or another lower carb alternative.

2 finger rich tea biscuits mid afternoon.

That is 11.2 gm of carbs for your biscuits

Try cheese or nuts or maybe some cold meat

salad with tuna, pilchards cheese, salmon and sometimes 1 small potato

occasionally baked beans on toast, depends on what I feel like.
do eat quite a lot of grilled fish, chicken - we are not great meat eaters.

Potatoes and baked beans have a lot of carbs compared to more nutrient rich vegetables.

admit to having a odd treat, like 2 squares of dark organic chocolate. I'm no angel.

Love Dark Chocolate ! :D The higher the percentage the better and lower in carbs it is.