Breakfast ideas

Lucyturner

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some breakfast ideas, I've looked through some diabetic cookbooks but it's all eggs and as much as I like them you can only way so many, it doesn't have to be can free but add low as possible would be great.

Thanks

Lucy

Ruth0212

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
holland and barrett do a high protein muesli which is 35g carb per 100g.its about half the carbs of most cereals. all bran is fairly low too. I have lactose free milk which is lower in carbs and fresh blueberries and plain bio yoghurt. :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
A lot depends 0on how much time you have, but fish is a traditionl breakfast dish. I love boil in the bag kippers, but usually have them for tea or lunch. My usual is a chunk of cheese in my hand on the way to the gym. You could have cheese on Burgen toast! 12 carbs per slice!
Hana

Lucyturner

Thanks for the ideas, I'll try the fish for lunch or tea I think as I don't have a huge amount of time in the morning.
I never thought about looking in Holland and Barrett I'll give it a try.

Thanks again

Lucy

A

Anonymous

Tom Jenkins 1408 said:
Hi, Wetabix, Real Porridge, or Apples and Natural Yogurt.
Either help me last 3-4hrs
without " Snacking"

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Snap! except I have the apple or a banana as well. Unfortunately, that doesn't see me thru to lunch so I have to have fruit or a slice of toast with peanut butter or something mid-way.

Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
60g of bite size shredded wheat and about 50-75 ml of semi skimmed milk works for me for about 4-5 hours without snacking

Diagnosed type II 1998 2 x 80 mg Gliclazide, 4 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 100mg Sitagliptin

LesleyAnne2

I usually have some Greek full fat yoghurt, with mixed nuts or a few berries and some double cream.... gets me through till lunchtime easily :)

CosterD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have type 2 diabetes controlled by diet and for breakfast every morning I have 30g ordinary rolled porridge oats microwaved for 90 secs with 200ml Oatly (a milk substitute made from ground oats in water - available from Tesco & Morrisons @ £1.39 per litre) mixed after heating with 1 tbsp ground walnuts, 1 tbsp golden linseed, half a teaspoon of real ground cinnamon & half a teaspoon of tumeric. Occasionally I also add 1 tbsp of pureed apple. To drink I have half a glass of cranberry juice, diluted and mixed with half a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice (to alleviate urinary problems). I find this keeps me going quite happily until lunchtime 3 to 4 hours later without the need for snacking.