1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Breakfast Ideas?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by luceeloo, Sep 4, 2013.

1. luceeloo

luceeloo Type 2 · Well-Known Member

What does everyone eat for breakfast?

I'm really struggling at the moment, mostly due to lack of appetite (probably from metformin) and just not having enough ideas to keep it interesting. I've had a sugar-free low-carb protein shake for the last few days, and it's getting boring! So I thought I'd see what everyone else eats at breakfast time?
    I'm slightly limited by being intolerant to chicken eggs (though I do eat Duck eggs when I can hold of them), and I do enjoy bacon or turkey rashers, but couldn't eat them every day.
    Inspire me!!

2. Andy12345

Andy12345 Type 2 · Expert

Natural full fat Greek yogurt with berries and or nuts with milled flax sprinkled. I'm addicted

3. Sarah69

Sarah69 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4. whompa73

whompa73 · Well-Known Member

Bacon and eggs or something like that seems to be my favourite at the moment but the other day I did have jelly I was hungry prety soom after though

5. benjygirl

benjygirl Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I had porridge with berries (frozen ones defrosted) and a sprinkling of sunflower seeds.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

6. IanD

IanD Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Nuts to you :)

I have a porridge made from mixed nut powders (ground almonds, coconut flour, milled flax). If I want variety I add low cal choc drink, or fruit.

My nut cake-bread makes a good base for cheese on "toast" - I don't toast it, just m-wave the cheese for a minute to melt it.

7. luceeloo

luceeloo Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oooh I like some of these ideas!

I had the greek yoghurt with fruit and seeds this morning... really liked that a lot!
    Will definitely try the different porridge ideas.. especially the one made from nut powders . That sounds different! And nut cake-bread ? Do you have a recipe?

Whompa, I did think of having jelly lol! I still might yet!

8. SamJB

SamJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Same as Andy, except with desicated coconut instead of seeds.

Low carb porridge made of ground linseed, a tablespoon of chocolate whey protein powder, ground almonds, sweetener and almond milk.

Linseed muffins are good too.

Tinned fish and a soft boiled egg.

Omelette, bacon and eggs, cottage cheese are other things I occasionally have.

9. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

It's alpen for me with almond milk and a few blueberries

10. Hopeful Alfie

Hopeful Alfie · Active Member

I'm into porridge made with 3 heaped dessert-spoons of oatmeal, a heaped teaspoonful of ground almonds (they are quite pricey for OAP's !), a table-spoon of bran flakes, one of Splenda, 6 oz semi-skinned milk and some water. My BG seems to tolerate this well and it has reduced my cholesterol so I am happy with it.

P.S: I often also add half a teaspoon of a mixture of equal parts of ground cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Sometimes also throw in a few sultanas. YUM 11

11. carraway

carraway Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Alfie, if you live near an Aldi ground almonds are half the price there

Cara

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook