Breakfast Ideas?

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
What does everyone eat for breakfast?

I'm really struggling at the moment, mostly due to lack of appetite (probably from metformin) and just not having enough ideas to keep it interesting. I've had a sugar-free low-carb protein shake for the last few days, and it's getting boring! So I thought I'd see what everyone else eats at breakfast time?
I'm slightly limited by being intolerant to chicken eggs (though I do eat Duck eggs when I can hold of them), and I do enjoy bacon or turkey rashers, but couldn't eat them every day.
Inspire me!!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Natural full fat Greek yogurt with berries and or nuts with milled flax sprinkled. I'm addicted

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Bacon and eggs or something like that seems to be my favourite at the moment but the other day I did have jelly I was hungry prety soom after though

benjygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
disrespectful people
I had porridge with berries (frozen ones defrosted) and a sprinkling of sunflower seeds.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Nuts to you :)

I have a porridge made from mixed nut powders (ground almonds, coconut flour, milled flax). If I want variety I add low cal choc drink, or fruit.

My nut cake-bread makes a good base for cheese on "toast" - I don't toast it, just m-wave the cheese for a minute to melt it.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Oooh I like some of these ideas!

I had the greek yoghurt with fruit and seeds this morning... really liked that a lot!
Will definitely try the different porridge ideas.. especially the one made from nut powders . That sounds different! And nut cake-bread ? Do you have a recipe?

Whompa, I did think of having jelly lol! I still might yet!

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Same as Andy, except with desicated coconut instead of seeds.

Low carb porridge made of ground linseed, a tablespoon of chocolate whey protein powder, ground almonds, sweetener and almond milk.

Linseed muffins are good too.

Tinned fish and a soft boiled egg.

Omelette, bacon and eggs, cottage cheese are other things I occasionally have.

Hopeful Alfie

I'm into porridge made with 3 heaped dessert-spoons of oatmeal, a heaped teaspoonful of ground almonds (they are quite pricey for OAP's !), a table-spoon of bran flakes, one of Splenda, 6 oz semi-skinned milk and some water. My BG seems to tolerate this well and it has reduced my cholesterol so I am happy with it.

P.S: I often also add half a teaspoon of a mixture of equal parts of ground cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Sometimes also throw in a few sultanas. YUM 11

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Alfie, if you live near an Aldi ground almonds are half the price there

Cara