BREAKFAST

Netty70

hi guys

little help needed i am newly diagnosed by about three months and keep trying new foods to see how i get on

how do you all feel about weetabix ?? as i am finding my sugar levels are really dropping after only 2 hours

thoughts ideas for other cereals as i need something quick as i get up early and leave early

thanks in advance

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Weetabix is a strange food in that some tolerate it but many find it sends their sugars high. If you're newly diagnosed, your best bet would be to try it. Are you able to test your BG ? If so, test before and after and see the effects. Do this with lots of different foods and you'll soon learn what your own body will tolerate and those that spike you.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Netty70

Thanks mo
I've found most cereals really good but weetabix I eat about 6.30am before 9am I am starting with the shakes I do have a testing kit so I will test before and after tomorrow
Thanks

wena1958

I too am newly diagnosed & have a smalled portion of Porridge oats with frozen & defrosted berries that keeps Me going until Lunch. Have also had fat free Yogurt with the Berries if on the run. Have also blended unsweetened Soya Milk with 2 Tabs fat free natural Yogurt & Berries or you can use semi skimmed milk & make a Smoothie you could put a little oat Bran in if needed.... all of these keep me going until Lunch. Snack on Fruit or a small handful of nuts if you do get peckish. Weetabix did not agree with Me hope this helps. Keep a Food Diary & test often if you can.

Netty70

That all sounds good thanks
Think I might do some routine tests every day see how I am coping with certain foods
Funny but I never seem to go really high just really low very odd
Thanks for the ideas :)

Netty70

Think I might do some routine tests every day see how I am coping with certain foods

Netty70

Netty70