Breakfast

bri281295

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday I had 2 slices of danish bread, scrambled egg, fried mushrooms, a sausage and some slice of ham and my BS only went up 0.3. I thought this was great because normally I have porridge and it sends it up by about 2.

Have you guys found any breakfasts that don't affect you too much?
Getting bored of eating the same things :(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Wow they are good bg readings Bri, how soon after did you test?

I too get good results from eating porridge in the mornings, if I have toast say I will use seeded bread such as Burgen or Hovis Seed Sensations.

bri281295

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
noblehead said:
Wow they are good bg readings Bri, how soon after did you test?

I too get good results from eating porridge in the mornings, if I have toast say I will use seeded bread such as Burgen or Hovis Seed Sensations.

About 3 hours later.
Do you know the carbs in each slice of bread?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
bri281295 said:
About 3 hours later.Do you know the carbs in each slice of bread?

Hope it continues! :)

I take it you mean the bread I mentioned, Burgen bread has 12g of carbs a slice and the Hovis has 14g a slice, both are really delicious although I prefer the Hovis over the Burgen, both are best toasted as they awaken the flavour of the seeds!

bri281295

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
noblehead said:
bri281295 said:
About 3 hours later.Do you know the carbs in each slice of bread?

Hope it continues! :)

I take it you mean the bread I mentioned, Burgen bread has 12g of carbs a slice and the Hovis has 14g a slice, both are really delicious although I prefer the Hovis over the Burgen, both are best toasted as they awaken the flavour of the seeds!

Yeah the bread lol. Oh that's really good, at first I was eating bread that was near enough 20g carbs per slice and Danish bread is 10g carbs per slice. I recommend that!