1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Breakfast?!

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by chl0ejasmine, Mar 24, 2015.

1. chl0ejasmine

chl0ejasmine Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Usually my levels are pretty good before lunchtime after having breakfast and I'm never high in the morning. Over the past few days it's been around 9-10 at lunchtime and I don't really understand why.

I tried to have an omelette and tested each hour but my levels raised to 13+ pretty fast, even worse than when I have my usual granola and yoghurt.

I've read that some of you give the bolus 10-15 mins before eating is this something I should try? I'm on Novorapid

I need help! Thanks

#1 chl0ejasmine, Mar 24, 2015 at 6:39 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  2. brettsza

brettsza Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Omlette shouldn't have a lot of effect.
    What are you before your breakfast
    What do you put in your omlette or have with it
    Eggs bacon mushroom sausage with 97 98 percent meats don't raise me and are almost no carbs.

3. chl0ejasmine

chl0ejasmine Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I tend to range between 5-7 before breakfast. When I had the omelette on Monday I just had bacon in it but it still raised :(

4. bellabella

bellabella Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I find that my lunch levels are always a little bit high too, even though I'm low carb and usually like you have a low carb omelette for breakfast. I've started taking Bolus 15-20 mins before eating which has helped a lot actually. I think I'm just more insulin resistant in the morning, because for one omelette I need b/w 4-5units novorapid, and that amount in the evening for the same meal would send me hypo very quick.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook