Breakfast?!

chl0ejasmine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

Usually my levels are pretty good before lunchtime after having breakfast and I'm never high in the morning. Over the past few days it's been around 9-10 at lunchtime and I don't really understand why.

I tried to have an omelette and tested each hour but my levels raised to 13+ pretty fast, even worse than when I have my usual granola and yoghurt.

I've read that some of you give the bolus 10-15 mins before eating is this something I should try? I'm on Novorapid

I need help! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Omlette shouldn't have a lot of effect.
What are you before your breakfast
What do you put in your omlette or have with it
Eggs bacon mushroom sausage with 97 98 percent meats don't raise me and are almost no carbs.

chl0ejasmine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Omlette shouldn't have a lot of effect.
What are you before your breakfast
What do you put in your omlette or have with it
Eggs bacon mushroom sausage with 97 98 percent meats don't raise me and are almost no carbs.
I tend to range between 5-7 before breakfast. When I had the omelette on Monday I just had bacon in it but it still raised :(

bellabella

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Usually my levels are pretty good before lunchtime after having breakfast and I'm never high in the morning. Over the past few days it's been around 9-10 at lunchtime and I don't really understand why.

I tried to have an omelette and tested each hour but my levels raised to 13+ pretty fast, even worse than when I have my usual granola and yoghurt.

I've read that some of you give the bolus 10-15 mins before eating is this something I should try? I'm on Novorapid

I need help! Thanks
I find that my lunch levels are always a little bit high too, even though I'm low carb and usually like you have a low carb omelette for breakfast. I've started taking Bolus 15-20 mins before eating which has helped a lot actually. I think I'm just more insulin resistant in the morning, because for one omelette I need b/w 4-5units novorapid, and that amount in the evening for the same meal would send me hypo very quick.