Breath freshening without sugar

KittyKatty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone know of a breath freshener I can use that doesn't have sugar? Like many of you I work in close proximity to others in the office and sometimes get a little worried about my breath. I used to suck on mints which is of course a bad thing to do as a type 2.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
It's also a good idea to see your dentist regularly to check that there isn't a dental cause of bad breath. Many diabetics get periodontal (gum) disease, which can eventually lead to teeth getting loose and having to be removed. If a person has this and it is untreated, bad breath can be one of the symptoms. I wish my previous dentist had told me this before irreversible damage was done, so I tell people about it now, just in case they are in the same boat. I'm hoping to look after my slightly wiggly teeth so they last the distance.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I like Airwaves Chewing Gum (especially the Black Mint variety) which is nice and refreshing, but agree with CatLadyNZ that you should have a dental check-up if your concerned about your oral health.