Brie puffs a carb-free snack

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Brie puffs; use the triangle-shaped President (not the round, obviously doesn't work), cut cubes 0,5-1 inch (app 1,5 cm) place them on a grease-proof paper not a plate. Microwave for app 2,5 minutes BUT stop every 30 secs and then on again , they're ready when they're slightly goldish coloured, At first they look like just melting, but just keeping going. If you don't like the white rind remove it, I kind of like the slight tangy taste (not really detectable when puffed). A lovely carb-free snack, dip in melted butter or some mayonnaise.

Reactions: 5 people

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
Try Brie toasted with a little side salad. I buy the block and cut thick pieces and cover them in bread crumbs toast . lovely.

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
This was a recipe for a lovely snack if you going low carbing. Been of bread and other gluten containing stuff for almost 2 years, hurrah.:couchpotato:

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder if you can do something similar in an oven? We don't have a microwave.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brie puffs; use the triangle-shaped President (not the round, obviously doesn't work), cut cubes 0,5-1 inch (app 1,5 cm) place them on a grease-proof paper not a plate. Microwave for app 2,5 minutes BUT stop every 30 secs and then on again , they're ready when they're slightly goldish coloured, At first they look like just melting, but just keeping going. If you don't like the white rind remove it, I kind of like the slight tangy taste (not really detectable when puffed). A lovely carb-free snack, dip in melted butter or some mayonnaise.

This sounds lush! :happy:

Thank you - I'm forever on the look out for something to use cheese for :)

Signy

Reactions: 2 people

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are really nice, microwave them for 3 mins I left the rind on, cut them small and got them similar texture to cheesy wotsits

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
If you stop every 30 sec and leave the door open, then also leave them after they're done, they'll be really crispy.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my goodness.

Heavenly.

With treats like these, who would want to eat carbs?

:joyful:

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I just tried these and maybe did something wrong :confused:

I thought "puffs" would be puffy like wotsits. Mine were flat and lacy like cheesy doilies. Still very tasty though.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just tried these and maybe did something wrong :confused:

I thought "puffs" would be puffy like wotsits. Mine were flat and lacy like cheesy doilies. Still very tasty though.

:wideyed:

Mine were little blobs, like mini macaroons. Maybe half as high as they were wide. They had gone golden brown in the middle, and as they cooled, they hardened to crunch. A lot of the fat was left on the silicon sheet.

Did you cut the Brie into cubes, or slices?

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

:wideyed:

Mine were little blobs, like mini macaroons. Maybe half as high as they were wide. They had gone golden brown in the middle, and as they cooled, they hardened to crunch. A lot of the fat was left on the silicon sheet.

Did you cut the Brie into cubes, or slices?
They sound great. I cut mine into cubes, but they still turned into cheesy brandy snaps.

I saw a woman on YouTube microwaving "American cheese" slices (what we call plastic cheese slices in the UK I guess) and they turned out like crunchy quavers. She microwaved them on the cellophane type wrapper that the cheese comes wrapped in though. Looked a bit toxic.

Reactions: 3 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried a cheaper brie from Aldi, a bit uneven some golden brown and some hardly melted, best result with President ( the triangular shaped).

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
WOW! So tasty. Gonna have to have these as my evening snack every night! Well at least most nights. :p